• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I love Bagels..

dmc

mmmm.... We have real NY style bagels in town... Nice a crispy on the outside - luscious bread on the inside.. They boil them then bake them..

I like a good everything bagels with vegi cream cheese.. Fresh from the oven..
Hot cup of strong coffee... Damn.. stuff's good.

bvibert

Staff member
I love bagels like that too. I start most days with a bagel, but I usually have to settle for non-NY style...

TheBEast

everything bagels with vegi cream cheese

Use to be my staple in college, but realized after a while I always hot heart burn after eating them, so had to switch.

My 2 1/2 year-old daughter is a fanatic about blueberry bagels with butter....can't get enough of them. Can't drive by a D&D without stopping in half the time!

Glenn

I never was big into the cream cheese...more of a butter person.

Just bumping this thread because the forum is clogged with stupid copy and paste articles with zero relevance or commentary.

legalskier

I never was big into the cream cheese...more of a butter person.

Just bumping this thread because the forum is clogged with stupid copy and paste articles with zero relevance or commentary.

1. Smart Balance buttery spread, myself.
2. +1

We have a bagel shop within walking distance. Had some straight out of the oven the other day. Yum.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Nothing like a good NYC bagel. I used to work in a shop back in HS, used to have to be there at 4:30 a.m. to start making them in the mornings....and sometimes I used to work the overnight baking shifts..the store did a lot of wholesale. To be...nothing like a good, fresh, hot salt bagel with butter that melts all over...mmn, Yumm...

mondeo

Brooklyn Water Bagels will have Beverly Hills begging for more
Beverly Hills residents and tourists will soon be munching on some of the most high-tech and healthiest bagels on earth. That’s because The Original Brooklyn Water Bagel Co. plans to open its first West Coast location on South Beverly Drive by year’s end.

According to President Steven Fassberg, the key to a great bagel is the quality of the water in the product. His current Florida-based stores use leading proprietary technology when it comes to water treatment units, which only big pharmaceutical and chemical companies have used up until now. “We view this as an invention as much as a concept,” Fassberg said. “For the first time in history, we can manufacture New York Brooklyn products - bakery goods, pizza, bagels, and water - outside of New York that’s actually a better quality version of New York water.”

Fassberg said New York water was great for baking, but it was not the healthiest as it’s exposed to lead pipes dating back to the 1920s. He said New York water was also heavily treated with chlorine, ammonia and fluoride, which are all able to be removed through its high-tech treatment unit for his products. “What we’ve done it brought together perfect two parts hydrogen, one part oxygen to produce laboratory grade water with the perfect taste profile of a New York product,” he said. “And then we added back the minerals that effect baking to actually create perfect bagels anywhere in the world.”

There will be between 20 and 24 low-calorie bagels on offer – many of them using oat brands, wheat brans, multi-grains, omega 3s, healthy nuts, berries, cashews, walnuts, almonds and flax seeds. The treated water will also be used in coffee, soda, ice cubes, soup stock and every other item on the menu that uses water.

I like cream cheese, strawberry cream cheese on blueberry or cinnamon-raison is good.

The new store is expected to open this November or December. Its location will be the former Koo Koo Roo restaurant at 262 South Beverly Drive.

Warp Daddy

Just back from Golf -- my lunch NY style Everything Bagel w/ cream cheese topped with the Queen's homemade Strawberry preserves -- da damn that was awesome with some Hazlenut decaf

ctenidae

I'm not a huge fan of bagels. Sometimes an everything bagel with lox is great, but I never crave them. A really good bagel is a wonderful thing, to be sure, but a mediocre or worse a bad bagel is so bad, that, net net, I just don't eat them. I'd rather miss out on a great bagel than suffer through a crappy one.

legalskier

I'm not a huge fan of bagels. Sometimes an everything bagel with lox is great, but I never crave them. A really good bagel is a wonderful thing, to be sure, but a mediocre or worse a bad bagel is so bad, that, net net, I just don't eat them. I'd rather miss out on a great bagel than suffer through a crappy one.

Your avatar looks like it could handle a bagel pretty easily.
image.php

Riverskier

I eat frozen Lenders Bagels. Is that what you all mean by good bagels? Just kidding, though I do actually eat them from time to time.

BackLoafRiver

Just moved from Augusta which has EASILY the best bagel place I have ever been to. I love bagels with every ounce of my being. They have a whole grain everything....holy crap. The key to the everything bagel, use a little bit of the pretzel salt they use on salt bagels. So good. Luckily the lady still works up there and is going to bring some back for me every now and then :)

Geoff

I live in bagel hell. At least in the winter, I occasionally have New Yorkers run a few up for me.

I actually like Montreal bagels better than the NYC ones. They're smaller so they have more texture.

Philpug

I miss bagels aready out here in Nevada..hell I miss good bread in general. I can't even get any rye. Everything is damn "sourdough".

hammer

I miss bagels already out here in Nevada..hell I miss good bread in general. I can't even get any rye. Everything is damn "sourdough".
When I lived in CA the only good bread was sourdough...none of the "sweet" breads were all that great. Just the opposite back here in New England...sourdough is OK but nowhere near as good. Must be the drier climate or something in the water.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

Stop being a Debbie Downer.