• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I want to ride/ski Sunday/Monday, hate crowds though. Magic? Plattekill?

Mapnut

Don't they both have Powder Days? Plus it's vacation week.

Berkshire East is a good bet for no crowds.

MadMadWorld

Everyone is open this Monday but in general I don't think either mountains are. Non - destination mountains are the places to be during school breaks.

Savemeasammy

Where are you coming from? Dartmouth Skiway could be another good bet

The issues with the skiway are slow lifts, and the fact that the Upper Valley schools are on vacation. Even though it may not be as "busy" as most, I would think the lines will still be a potential issue. I haven't skied there for 20 years or more, so take this fwiw...!

Just looked at the map, and saw that the Winslow lift is now a quad. That helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trackbiker

Both are open on Monday. Plattekill will be the least crowded and after this storm should be 100% open with great conditions.
Magic will likely have lift lines if they haven't gotten the Red Chair on line yet.

first light

I'm down on Long Island, don't always want to admit that bc I know how you guys feel about us lol. Any secrets revealed will not be exposed to any other people down here. They all go to Stratton anyway.

bdfreetuna

I'm setting my sights on Pico for Sunday. I'm sure there will be a good crowd but hopefully nothing that interferes with skiing too much.

Might be a couple minute wait for the summit chair but I'm sure Outpost and A-Slope areas will be ski-on all day.

Smellytele

I am going to Magic Sunday sans wife (freaking out that she has too much to do before we head to CO on Thursday) and then again Monday with only the wife (kids have school).

The Sneak

The days of Magic being crowd free are gone. The place is a TGR magette fest on powderdays now. Good for the mountain; bad if you don't like pretentious crowds.

While that is a bummer for sure....I think we can all agree it being slammed on good snow days is a very good thing for it's survival. I'd rather go there and find it infested with internet 'so sick brah's AND NYC Stratton stick-up-their-asses than to see the place go under.

bdfreetuna

Magic was not the least bit crowded last Thursday powder day. If they somehow manage to have both lifts running it will be fine. But, to quote their daily snow report:

"On the Red Chair front, work continues on it but please be aware that it cannot be guaranteed for Saturday, so be prepared for longer lines than normal with the holiday if Red cannot be certified by then."

Smellytele

Magic was not the least bit crowded last Thursday powder day. If they somehow manage to have both lifts running it will be fine. But, to quote their daily snow report:

"On the Red Chair front, work continues on it but please be aware that it cannot be guaranteed for Saturday, so be prepared for longer lines than normal with the holiday if Red cannot be certified by then."

That 's a bummer but I'll still be there Sun/Mon

RustyGroomer

The days of Magic being crowd free are gone. The place is a TGR magette fest on powderdays now. Good for the mountain; bad if you don't like pretentious crowds.
It is? I'll be sure to stay away from the 5 or so TGR posters then. It was crowded last weekend due to the race. If anyone comes out, say hello. Ask for Greg. There's pics of me on here in Magic threads. I may have toasted my old skis last weekend. Look for yellow DPS this weekend/week.

SkiingInABlueDream

While that is a bummer for sure....I think we can all agree it being slammed on good snow days is a very good thing for it's survival. I'd rather go there and find it infested with internet 'so sick brah's AND NYC Stratton stick-up-their-asses than to see the place go under.

No argument there; I'd certainly rather see the place thriving with whatever demographic of clients than go out of business.

ScottySkis

Platty will have maybe ski wait long lines on Sunday of awaiting all of 0 to 1 minutes. Platty will be amazing and probably least crowed place this weekend. It definitely time to go to Roxury NY .
Oh
And I be there Saturday maybe Sunday to.

SkiingInABlueDream

It is? I'll be sure to stay away from the 5 or so TGR posters then. It was crowded last weekend due to the race. If anyone comes out, say hello. Ask for Greg. There's pics of me on here in Magic threads. I may have toasted my old skis last weekend. Look for yellow DPS this weekend/week.

In my experience, yes it is. Or maybe I don't ski there often enough and my sampling is too small. Who knows... Don't get me wrong I love the place and no doubt those mid-2000's business levels were unsustainable for the mountain.
It's still probably where Im going tomorrow if I can manage the day off; and I'll gladly eat my words if Im wrong about crowds...