• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm on a diet!!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The problem is, it never stops at one... right?

Though if I keep drinking beer, at least that fills me up so I don't eat as much. ;)

snoseek

Vodka Tonic Cal:140 Fat:0g Carb:21g Protein:0g

Stick with the beer, just in moderation.

Or switch to Everclear, if you really need to get lit-up.

The key is diet tonic water.

How did this turn into a thread about booze??? I'm looking forward to my morning weigh-in tomorrow..Day 3..I bet I'm down 2-3 pounds already..

drjeff

The problem is, it never stops at one... right?

Though if I keep drinking beer, at least that fills me up so I don't eat as much. ;)

Just like a Lay's potato chip!

Speaking of those tasty salty treats, from time to time when I run outdoors at one of my local tracks, literally a 1/2 mile as the bird flies from one of the corners of the track is a Frito-Lay factory, and when the wind is blowing from the factory towards the track, all you smell is potato chips! I can't tell you how many times I've probably worked off 500 calories running at that track just to fall victim to a serious case of post workout potato chip binge stop at the local convience store on my way home :(

Grassi21

Yikes. I tipped the scales at 217. The good new is I dropped 3 lbs in a week.

Grassi21

As long as you can still see your toes when you look down, it's all good ;)

Oh I can see the toes. I've retained most of the muscle I built up after years of sports and lifting. Even at 5'7", 180 would be thin for me. Long way to go...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm telling you guys... being accountable to others helps. It worked for a while with Brian and I... until I got pregnant last time. Then I found myself sabotaging both of us. :oops: Brian's guilty of it, too, so don't feel sorry for him.

My knee is starting to feel better so I think I'm going to bring back my exercise routine and try to ski tomorrow night if Brian gets home early enough. In the meantime, back to eating right.

GSS - How did you fare on the scale this morn?

My problem with weigh-ins? If I don't nurse beforehand, I end up with extra lbs on the scale that have nothing to do with my body mass at all. I lost .6 lb in a matter of 15 min this morn because I nursed after the first weigh in (then decided to see how much of a difference it made). :lol:

Sounds like it might then be time to switch to Beck's Light with a big 'ol bowl of rice cakes to munch on then :eek: :puke: ;)

Hell no...Light beer is gross and hardly has any alchohal..

I weighed myself this morning before I went to work..I'm down 1 additional pound since yesterday and 2.5 pounds since Monday the 25th. I'm actually at my lowest point since before the Holidays. Yesterday I did really well..I had a few beers but I didn't have any fast food or fried food. I still need to get into a breakfast routine. It's tough because I like to stay in bed until the last possible minute. I'm thinking that I might premake some hardboiled eggs and buy some bananas to have for breakfast..something I can eat fast and on the go. I'm guessing that I consumed about 2000-2500 calories. A major improvement because I bet on days when I eat whatever I want..which is most of my life up to this point..I consume upwards of 3500 calories per day.

This diet is something else to look forward to as well. Of course I look forward to skiing after work..but now I'm already starting to plan what I'm going to eat for the day and my late night exercise session and I'm curious about tomorrow mornings weigh-in..

Thanks for all the encouragement..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Hey, I was atleast trying to keep the conversation "above water" until 10AM ;)
It's 10AM somewhere. ;)

Congrats, GSS, on your progress! You're going to find that as you eliminate a lot of junk you have been eating, you'll see progress right away. But planning does make a huge difference. I've always found that a failure to plan is a plan to fail. Which sucks because I like to be spontaneous, but hey, you have to do what works.

It's 10AM somewhere. ;)
I've always found that a failure to plan is a plan to fail. Which sucks because I like to be spontaneous, but hey, you have to do what works.

Yeah like plan not to go to the BBQ joint after skiing for Ribs, fries, and baked beans..with a couple 23 ounce beers and instead..have a salad and some shrimp cocktail and a few 10 ounce beers instead..lol..

drjeff

Doh! Gotta run an extra mile on the treadmill tonight now. A patient just showed up with a dozen doughnuts from Dunkin Doughnuts, and I was just coercised by my assistant into having a blueberry cake doughnut :(

bvibert

Staff member
Doh! Gotta run an extra mile on the treadmill tonight now. A patient just showed up with a dozen doughnuts from Dunkin Doughnuts, and I was just coercised by my assistant into having a blueberry cake doughnut :(

Mmmmmmmmm.... blueberry cake donut.. haven't had one of those in sooooooo looooooong.... drooooooooooool.... mmmmmmmmmmm.....

drooling_homer.gif