• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

KustyTheKlown

Why? The whole thing is going to them anyway right? It would be like Walmart charging you a separate service charge because they are selling someone else’s product.

the money is going to them but I assume they hold it and then remit most of it to the partner mountains based on usage. the service fee keeps the lights on and maybe lets them put a well earned dollar in their pocket. its an absurd thing to complain about. the indy pass and magic are both above reproach in this current ski world.

p_levert

the money is going to them but I assume they hold it and then remit most of it to the partner mountains based on usage. the service fee keeps the lights on and maybe lets them put a well earned dollar in their pocket. its an absurd thing to complain about. the indy pass and magic are both above reproach in this current ski world.
It's a totally reasonable thing to complain about it. We all agree that Indy is a good deal and we want the company to succeed. But Mickey Mouse fees are annoying and total transparency is best. If there is an extra transaction fee of some sort, just build it into the price, as stated by others.

PAabe

They are taking like 25% cut of indy pass price for admin costs like website and advertising according to storm skiing so that is partially why I thought the additional service fee was odd

Just include it in the advertised price, I have no problem with the amount I spent on the product

machski

While it isn't totally the norm in skiing, other resorts/skiing products have transaction fees separate from the product cost. Cannon required pre purchased lift tickets last year but they sure as heck didn't waive the additional $1.50 online transaction fee on top of the ticket price. That's at least one example, K was charging you the VT sales tax on top of their pass/ticket prices rather than baking it in which was a change from decade plus past.

Zand

If you guys keep bitching this much, Indy Pass will be sold to Ticketmaster and they'll charge $40 service fees plus $5 for a "delivery" fee to email it to you.

jimmywilson69

I know right? You get an affordable pass that gives you access to non-corporate owned ski areas and are bitching about a $9 fee.

Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

PAabe

I apologize for bringing it up

Very excited to ski the indy places
and it was too darn hot this past week - ready for it to cool down a bit

abc

My only point is really that if the Indy pass is such a great deal is $9 really an issue?
He's got a legit complain. It isn't the pass price itself. It's about truth in advertisement.

The $9 fee would have put the pass price over that psychological $x99 mark! So why not advertise $208 or $308 or what not? Would that be too discouraging to enough number of people that they won't buy it? :rolleyes:

Do they think skiers are that stupid? Or are skiers really that stupid in reality?

(I've bought event tickets that includes "processing fees". But often times, the fees are only charged once regardless how many tickets I'm buying. So the "price of product" is x, not x+$9 for EACH ticket.

dblskifanatic

He's got a legit complain. It isn't the pass price itself. It's about truth in advertisement.

The $9 fee would have put the pass price over that psychological $x99 mark! So why not advertise $208 or $308 or what not? Would that be too discouraging to enough number of people that they won't buy it? :rolleyes:

Do they think skiers are that stupid? Or are skiers really that stupid in reality?

(I've bought event tickets that includes "processing fees". But often times, the fees are only charged once regardless how many tickets I'm buying. So the "price of product" is x, not x+$9 for EACH ticket.
Lift tickets include state taxes and not broken out separately.

KustyTheKlown

and ticketmaster has always and forever charged their venue fee, processing fee, fuck you in the ass fee, on each individual ticket, not on the total of the transaction.

KustyTheKlown

@KustyTheKlown How is your neighborhood, was the flooding bad?

i live in brooklyn heights, which is a big hill, and I am on the northernmost block of the heights which is the top of the hill, so everything flows away from my house.

we live in a sunken ground floor apartment in a brownstone, so you do need to walk down about 5 steps from the sidewalk to access our entry foyer and door, and there's a drain pipe in the foyer. many months ago that drain pipe backed up in a heavy rain and our foyer filled and I spent a day shop-vac'ing water away from our door while the plumbers figured it out. a tree root breached the drain pipe and sent the water back. thankfully that was fixed months ago. it would have been fucked if that problem came up last night, especially since our landlords are away for the summer.

i slept thru most of it, woke up and went to work. my subway stations and path station were fine. train was a little more crowded than usual because the C is suspended so everyone on the blue line was taking the A. i got to work and am one of two people who actually showed up today. my CEO is the other, and he said he passed at least 30 abandoned cars driving to jersey city from the jersey burbs.

wild videos of the subway system but my station was unscathed.

ThatGuy

Crazy shit, good thing your place was okay. Hopefully communities can come together and cleanup like with Sandy.

Killingtime

Picked up two Indy's on the 31st. Normally I'd be a little annoyed by the added fees but this thing is still so inexpensive I really didn't care. I know I will get more than my money's worth, which is difficult to say about a lot of things these days.

abc

he said he passed at least 30 abandoned cars driving to jersey city from the jersey burbs.
The other day, I passed a flat bed tow truck with a car on it. Grass sticking out from the radiator grill and mud packed the wheel well! Looking rather funny at first. I bet it was one of those cars...

Dickc

New email from the Indy Pass:

Are you ready for #80?

We can't resist teasing our big announcement coming next Tuesday, September 28th. We promise you'll be the first to hear who's joining the Indy Revolution from Canada and the Midwest bringing our total partnerships to 80 resorts!