• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Demand could certainly be suppressed. On enthusiast boards like this one, the attitude is "as long as the lifts run, I can eat in my car and pee in the woods, no problem". But if you're skiing with a female partner or family, the lodge stuff is a real negative. So there's a segment of the ski population that may just stay home. We will see.

I agree.

"as long as the lifts run, I can eat in my car and pee in the woods"

This part is sigworthy.

BenedictGomez

I mean...$199 is less than some western resorts charge for a one day ticket

Meh, a completely bogus & artificial price. Dont normalize it by taking it seriously.

Amazing a 1991 full price lift ticket is what you are hung up on for a multi area pass. Pretty funny.

I'm not going to Minnesota & Wisconsin to ski. Jay Peak & Magic are the only places I would use it. And that assumes I'll be allowed to use it given the absurd demands of State of Vermont's COVID19 policies. At $50/day it's really no big deal. If I tossed in a stray day at Bolton Valley that would make $40/day, again, assuming I can use it.

I think deals in general are out........Every GM and marketing person I've talked to has said no discounts.

Hmmm....... we'll see.

"No plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond first contact with the enemy." - Helmuth von Moltke

thebigo

In what way does it change the calculation?

The indy pass cannon days offered little value for a midweek nh resident with $29 Wednesdays. Now I will use the cannon days, also likely use the black days on a couple saturdays when atticat is sold out. Assuming NH residents can travel to vermont in april, the jay days would make a good weekend. Really wish abram was still on the indy to cover another couple saturdays.

abc

The indy pass cannon days offered little value for a midweek nh resident with $29 Wednesdays. Now I will use the cannon days, also likely use the black days on a couple saturdays when atticat is sold out. Assuming NH residents can travel to vermont in april, the jay days would make a good weekend. Really wish abram was still on the indy to cover another couple saturdays.
That sucks and changes the calculus on the indy pass. Looks like the midweek nh senior deal survived. I am going to guess legislators still ski for free.
I don't get what "sucks"?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Meh, a completely bogus & artificial price. Dont normalize it by taking it seriously.

I'm not going to Minnesota & Wisconsin to ski. Jay Peak & Magic are the only places I would use it. And that assumes I'll be allowed to use it given the absurd demands of State of Vermont's COVID19 policies. At $50/day it's really no big deal. If I tossed in a stray day at Bolton Valley that would make $40/day, again, assuming I can use it.

Hmmm....... we'll see.

"No plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond first contact with the enemy." - Helmuth von Moltke
You really should consider Cannon as an option if you are willing to commit to driving as far as you are to Jay Peak. Plenty of cheap lodging nearby.

When the base is filled in and they get a dump Cannon > Jay IMO. Better vertical, trails, shorter lift lines, far superior pitch and probably just as much tree acreage if you are not counting Big Jay. Also probably the second best views in the East save for Wildcat.

Sent from my moto g power using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

You really should consider Cannon as an option if you are willing to commit to driving as far as you are to Jay Peak. Plenty of cheap lodging nearby.

When the base is filled in and they get a dump Cannon > Jay IMO. Better vertical, trails, shorter lift lines, far superior pitch and probably just as much tree acreage if you are not counting Big Jay. Also probably the second best views in the East save for Wildcat.

Sent from my moto g power using AlpineZone mobile app

I agree! If you are going to consider Jay then Cannon should be in the equation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p_levert

New Indy ski pass resort announcement next week.

This will be announced exclusively by mega site NYskiblog.com! I guess Harvey is becoming a ski media mogul, who knew?

cdskier

New Indy ski pass resort announcement next week.

This will be announced exclusively by mega site NYskiblog.com! I guess Harvey is becoming a ski media mogul, who knew?
Since Harvey's breaking the news on his NY blog...I'd assume that means the new resort is a NY one. Maybe Platty finally gave in! Of course there are a lot of other choices in NY as well that it could be.

ScottySkis

Since Harvey's breaking the news on his NY blog...I'd assume that means the new resort is a NY one. Maybe Platty finally gave in! Of course there are a lot of other choices in NY as well that it could be.
Not this year
They need full pay lift ticket this season no discount at all maybe in future