• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Intel on the recovery at Cannon after the thaw

SIKSKIER

Have not talked to anybody there as of today but reading between the lines of the reports makes me think its not in very good shape imo.I 'm sure a few of the main routes that they have been refreshing will be fine.I'm wondering about the trails that didn't recieve any love though.I'll be headed up in a few hours so I'll know soon.

SIKSKIER

Looks like the Peabody is on wind hold.Very unusual for a wind not from the south.On a positive note,from the looks of the webcam it seems they got those bare spots covered above Profile.

witch hobble

Skied for 2 hours yesterday. Skied well In the guns and where snow has been made. A few inches of natural helped out the low angle stuff. Ravine and Middle Cannon and even the bypass were nice. My guess is it will not hold up well with holiday weekend crowds. Steep terrain was very rugged.

My intel (fwiw, could be faulty) says that it was not windhold today. Mechanical.

SIKSKIER

Sorry for the delay.I skied Saturday and thought it was better than I expected.Then the crowds came and I left at noon.I woke to a sore knee and very windy conditions and I bagged it.Had to work Monday.My buddy skied Monday and said it was pretty good and apparently they have made a lot of snow on most of the front 5.My guess is its in pretty good shape with the top having the worst conditions.They plan on making snow there by the weekend.

SIKSKIER

Oh and Witch Hobble is correct in that the detach was broken again.They were working on it when I pulled in to the bar at 5:30 Friday.Talked to 2 people that had to be evacuated with ropes.Total bs on the windhold posting on their website.I knew that couldn't be right with a nw wind.

bootladder

It was hard and fast this weekend. Been cranking the snowmaking this week. Should be good this weekend.

Need much more natural, however. Snow in the trees is t h i n . . .