• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Interactive trail maps

Jully

Wow. That puts all other interactive maps to shame in terms of the fun factor. It does not have the ability to filter by groomed and ungroomed though. Maybe it'll change when the resort opens, but that's an issue I frequently have with those maps.

Los

Jay peaks on line map is interactive. King pines too! Not that they're particularly great though....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Jully

Jay peaks on line map is interactive. King pines too! Not that they're particularly great though....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

There are many "interactive" maps, but nothing quite 3D like that. Loon, SR, Sunapee, etc.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
That is a very cool map. I've been wondering how long it would take for a ski resort to start offering a map that seems to be closely based on the same technology that powers Google Earth.

Jully

That is a very cool map. I've been wondering how long it would take for a ski resort to start offering a map that seems to be closely based on the same technology that powers Google Earth.

The Balsams will probably offer a similar google earthy map if/when they open judging by their promo video. Of course it will seem bigger than Mammoth when they do, but it'll still be pretty cool.

dlague

The Mammoth map let's you drive which is cool from a map perspective but it seems limited at this time. Cool looking mountain for sure. The Orford map is cool but is menu driven but more functional. Like someone else mentioned that may change once the season starts.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

wtcobb

The Balsams will probably offer a similar google earthy map if/when they open judging by their promo video. Of course it will seem bigger than Mammoth when they do, but it'll still be pretty cool.

Isn't the Balsams already going to be the biggest resort in the history of resorts? :lol: