• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iPhone: Pre-order or internet orders

Glenn

Has anyone done this? I'm due for an upgrade and the new phone will be out soon. Did you order it from Apple or your carrier's website? Was it fairly easy to get online once you had the phone delivered?

Thinking of going this route vs. the masses at the stores.

wa-loaf

I preordered my last one. Came to my house the day of release. You do need to order pretty quickly once the pre-order is available because shipping time will get pushed back as inventory shrinks.

wa-loaf

Oh and I did it right from Apple. Don't go through the carrier at all if you don't have to!

ScottySkis

I upgrade my cell phone in Verizon store same price as online and they waived upgrade pricing and put my contacts in New phone.

Glenn

Pre ordered on Friday via apple.com. ETA is October 5th. Maybe it'll come early...but I didn't get one of those "Good news!" e-mails from Apple. I guess all the stock they had to ship out on the 21st sold out in about an hour. Good thing I didn't get up early! I'm just glad I won't have to go to a store. I saw on the news people are already lining up.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I just found out my work is allowing us to swap out our blackberries for iPhones. They will give you an iPhone 4 for free; but you can pay the (contract) cost for an iPhone 4s or 5 and they let you keep it.

o3jeff

I just found out my work is allowing us to swap out our blackberries for iPhones. They will give you an iPhone 4 for free; but you can pay the (contract) cost for an iPhone 4s or 5 and they let you keep it.

Probably because the carriers are giving the 4 away for free now. 4s starts at $149 now.

They're not going to wait for the new Blackberries to come out(or BB to go under which ever comes first)?

dmc

Work is letting us upgrade to the iPhone 5 for a small cost..
i want one... Mainly for the speed...

dmc

My 4s is under contract for another year but I'm psyched for iOS 6.

Thats what I'm really psyched for... With every new OS the line starts to blur between my MACs, iPhone and iPad..
Pretty cool..

Skimaine

Order an iPhone 5 on Sunday at Verizon. Deliver date of Oct 5. My not-so-smart phone is on its last legs. Really looking forward to a big leap forward in technology.

Edd

So, why did you get an iPhone?

/oh, no he didn't!
//oh, yes he did!

I read several tech sites daily and the arguments in the comments section are tiresome but it's worth it if something makes me laugh.

Geoff

I just got an iPhone 4s a couple of months ago. I think I'll wait a while until the accessory ecosystem catches up. I have a case with an integral 2400 mA battery that would be hard to live without. Docks haven't come out with the new connector. I'd love to have LTE but I can limp with legacy CDMA data (I'm Verizon) for a while since I usually have pretty good WiFi most places.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I read several tech sites daily and the arguments in the comments section are tiresome but it's worth it if something makes me laugh.

Same, I get all my feeds in Google Reader and then for the real interesting ones go to read the comments. I'm such a nerd haha

Glenn

The Fan Boy arguments on the tech blogs (in the comment sections) are pretty funny.

Bottom line, get the phone/OS that's to your liking. You can argue specs all day, but it just comes down to what works best for you. It's kinda Chevy vs Ford at this point.

ctenidae

The Fan Boy arguments on the tech blogs (in the comment sections) are pretty funny.

Bottom line, get the phone/OS that's to your liking. You can argue specs all day, but it just comes down to what works best for you. It's kinda Chevy vs Ford at this point.

I just take whatever our IT department is handing out and the company will pay for.

/Ford sucks. No, wait, GM sucks. Dangit, I'm confused.