• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

It's Boyne in a landslide victory!

C-Rex

I haven't spent much time per season at Killington since the ASC days. Although it has more to do with the fact that I can no longer get a 6 mountain pass for $350. Not that I'm saying I want ASC back.

However, seeing Vail Resorts take over some places could be kinda cool. I'd buy an Epic pass every year if there were some eastern mountains on it. Maybe like Magic, Cannon (que cannon lover's outrage), Saddleback or some of the other areas that could use a financial boost.

Smellytele

I haven't spent much time per season at Killington since the ASC days. Although it has more to do with the fact that I can no longer get a 6 mountain pass for $350. Not that I'm saying I want ASC back.

However, seeing Vail Resorts take over some places could be kinda cool. I'd buy an Epic pass every year if there were some eastern mountains on it. Maybe like Magic, Cannon (que cannon lover's outrage), Saddleback or some of the other areas that could use a financial boost.

the ones you mention are the last ones they would buy or could.

Highway Star

They have all 3 New England resorts open top to bottom on 11/15. Doesn't get any better than that in these parts! Great day at Loon today on 1700 vert. Sunday River yesterday on over 1400. Have not made it to the Loaf yet but I am sure it is good also. Thoughts??

Good for them. Too bad it's still Loon. Whatever they do it's still going to be this:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Good for them. Too bad it's still Loon. Whatever they do it's still going to be this:

Outside of Mouse Trap, Killington is offering cow pasture skiing right now......

If you get lucky and Upper East Fall bumps up, maybe you have some entertainment. The rest of Snowdon and NRT terrain is a snooze fest. I'll take the two uninterrupted mile long cruisers open at BW right now serviced by a HSQ over anything K has to offer.

You = Fail

Highway Star

Haul rope was replaced on the Superstar chair, still needs the load test before that trail pod can open. May explain why they are blowing on Ramshead before Skye Peak area. Also opens more novice terrain .

That could be parts of it. It's also very typical for them to get Rams Head and Caper/Vale route open early so they can open another lodge and much more parking. It will also spread out the low ablity traffic much better over the busy thanksgiving weekend. They need to build some sort of base on it as soon as possible in case there is a warm up. Lower East Fall will open shortly, along with the Canyon Quad, plus Lower Chute and Snowdon Quad and Poma. At that point total lift capacity will be around 14000 people per hour, so even if they are very busy, liftlines should be minimal.

Highway Star

Outside of Mouse Trap, Killington is offering cow pasture skiing right now......

If you get lucky and Upper East Fall bumps up, maybe you have some entertainment. The rest of Snowdon and NRT terrain is a snooze fest. I'll take the two uninterrupted mile long cruisers open at BW right now serviced by a HSQ over anything K has to offer.

You = Fail

Considering you weren't there, you really don't know how challenging it was or where to find the goods. You're right, you should probably stick to the crusing at Bretton Woods, and leave Killington to the experts.

dlague

Don't think so. Killington isn't priced in the Stowe/Stratton stratosphere - and Killington offers lots of discounts. I have an Express Card and I'm already down to $30 per visit. For the entirety of the early season, 2-fers are there for the asking. etc.

Agreed - there is a possibility - my Express Card cost me $0. We have several 50% off vouchers and early season 2 fers. Not even sure if I will use them all. The ByPass at Stowe is a joke! SR's Frequent Skier Card is also a joke!

Wildcat had the Vertical Value Card on sale at the ski show for $50 and the first use is free. - that is pretty damn good! Other than that works like Killington's Express Card.

Gunstock had their Take 50 Card on sale at the ski show for $78 and you get 50% off every time with no black out dates.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Oh, so you're making mandatory GS turns in the woods already at K?

I see.

I've skied K in November probably 25 of my 31 years on snow. I know what's there.

I'll be there in a few weeks. Once they get the Canyon Quad / East Fall going and SS Quad running. Until then, the terrain is subpar compared to what is being offered at every single other open ski area in New England. SL, SR, Loon, BW, Wildcat, even Okemo with World Cup is better terrain than Slowdon and NR at K. But, keep fluffing away Highwaystar. When the season gets in full swing K is a superior mountain by far to all these other places listed except Sugarloaf. Early season, nope.

Smellytele

Agreed - there is a possibility - my Express Card cost me $0. We have several 50% off vouchers and early season 2 fers. Not even sure if I will use them all. The ByPass at Stowe is a joke! SR's Frequent Skier Card is also a joke!

Wildcat had the Vertical Value Card on sale at the ski show for $50 and the first use is free. - that is pretty damn good! Other than that works like Killington's Express Card.

Gunstock had their Take 50 Card on sale at the ski show for $78 and you get 50% off every time with no black out dates.

Stowe had their bypass card for 49 at the show with a sunday through Friday ticket loaded on it so about the same as Wildcat. I will only use it the once so the $89 reload I couldn't care less about. I also bought a wild vert card but it sucks cause you get no discount eraly or late or on the Friday deals.

SkiFanE

I don't get the competition or the need to be one...but who doesn't like being on the winning side?!

SR has been fabulous the 4 days I've skied this year. Right Stuff Sunday afternoon was run of the year so far - manmade "fresh" turned into nice bumps. Not usually a groomer lover, but T2 on Saturday was awesome. Their effort on getting Barker lift open is greatly appreciated!

We all win, in the end.

VTKilarney

He has also refused to acknowledge that Killington was not the first to open. I guess he can dish it out but can't take it.

You really have to wonder what he is staring at in this photo.

1416006847375.jpg

Last edited:

SIKSKIER

How about acknowledging this....
The beast is getting its ass kicked in terrain expansion since being slightly beaten for 1st to open.
Killington 62 acres open
Loon 97
Okemo 115
Mt snow 117
Sunday River 122

yeggous

How about acknowledging this....
The beast is getting its ass kicked in terrain expansion since being slightly beaten for 1st to open.
Killington 62 acres open
Loon 97
Okemo 115
Mt snow 117
Sunday River 122

That would be a great acknowledgement. Killington is getting pimp slapped this year. Not very beastly at all.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app