• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jackson Hole about to experience life without the unwashed masses

jaytrem

Ah I knew you had some Jersey in you lol. Crazy place but still ok in the summer. Winter's I'm outta here for Colorado.
Yeah, I knew I liked him for some reason!

Surprised not from the Midwest originally due to the Out East phrase.

A few of my early ski days were also at a local rope tow. Galloping Hill golf course in Kenilworth.

BenedictGomez

That is impressive!!
Remember this next time your state road's taking over a year to fix some little 3/4 mile stretch with some extremely basic work. Vermont, for one, is famous for that.

I always assume it's intentional so they make sure to spend 100% of the Fed money.

4aprice

Remember this next time your state road's taking over a year to fix some little 3/4 mile stretch with some extremely basic work. Vermont, for one, is famous for that.

I always assume it's intentional so they make sure to spend 100% of the Fed money.
Your missing one here in NNJ BG. Rt 15 south over the Rockaway River. Went out about the same time as the Teton Pass Rd, however still have to wait till July 19th for a temp bridge. Detour through the west shore of Lake Hopatcong is a mess especially with the usual summertime traffic. Wonderful New Jersey. Missing it yet? lol.

BenedictGomez

Your missing one here in NNJ BG. Rt 15 south over the Rockaway River. Went out about the same time as the Teton Pass Rd, however still have to wait till July 19th for a temp bridge. Detour through the west shore of Lake Hopatcong is a mess especially with the usual summertime traffic. Wonderful New Jersey. Missing it yet? lol.

The only thing I really miss about NJ after 10 months is the pizza. The pizza in Utah is completely inedible. Best I've had so far is Estes in Park City, which is at least passable as decent pizza. Worst I've seen is The Junction in Heber City (low-grade dogfood). My neighbor's from NYC and told me there is one place in SLC that's better than Estes, but I havent tried it yet. It's on my list.

4aprice

The only thing I really miss about NJ after 10 months is the pizza. The pizza in Utah is completely inedible. Best I've had so far is Estes in Park City, which is at least passable as decent pizza. Worst I've seen is The Junction in Heber City (low-grade dogfood). My neighbor's from NYC and told me there is one place in SLC that's better than Estes, but I havent tried it yet. It's on my list.
First request my son makes when getting off the plane at Newark, when he visits Jersey. Pizza in Colorado is also so so. Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs is about as good as it gets there but it's not Jersey.

cdskier

And this bridge needs to go straight for...50-100 ft or so? Ridiculous it is taking this long to get a temp bridge in (also ridiculous that they ran into this issue in the first place).

Internet Ski Pro

On average the Wasatch is a much warmer range then other Rocky Mountain regions. Seriously, it’s statistically a very comfortable place to be skiing. It’s not just the snow and terrain that make it so popular.

Jackson, Crested Butte and Winter Park for examples are much colder places. -30 is cold no matter where but the humidity out east is the killer.
no doubt. My personal record low skiing temp was -24 at Jackson. at least thats what it started out at on the ride to the resort. I thought there was no way i was going to survive the day, but honestly, i have felt colder on the East coast with temps above zero.

ThatGuy

The pizza out here is sub-par pretty much everywhere Ive been out West the pizza sucked. Miss DeFazios in NY, thats some good stuff

raisingarizona

The pizza out here is sub-par pretty much everywhere Ive been out West the pizza sucked. Miss DeFazios in NY, thats some good stuff
20+ years ago I’d agree with you but there’s some decent pizza in some cities out west these days. Phoenix has some legit NY pizza spots and Vilagio in SLC is really good.

There’s plenty of hipster brick oven pizza places in most western towns and they’re often good but I figured you meant more traditional Ny pizza.

snoseek

New york/ ner jersey are such pizza gatekeepers lol! Boston too. It's good but you can find good pizza almost anywhere there's people to sell it to. Hot tomato in Fruita is pretty good. Denver had ok pizza..

That's my hot take then again I'm from nh so I probably don't know what I'm talking about It's mostly H.O.P. type stuff around here

deadheadskier

Staff member
New york/ ner jersey are such pizza gatekeepers lol! Boston too. It's good but you can find good pizza almost anywhere there's people to sell it to. Hot tomato in Fruita is pretty good. Denver had ok pizza..

That's my hot take then again I'm from nh so I probably don't know what I'm talking about It's mostly H.O.P. type stuff around here

I try to only eat pizza about once a month. I happen to be in New Haven for work at least twice a month. So, I save my pizza eating for when I'm there vs New Hampshire.