• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak & the Jay Cloud 2/13/13

JPTracker

Date(s) Skied: 2/13/13

Resort or Ski Area:
Jay Peak

Weather: Snowing

Conditions:
Powder

Trip Report:
The Jay cloud exists and is here. Drove up to Jay last night. Nothing going on in Montgomery but as we came up 242 the snow started and got heavier.

By morning Jay reported 15 inches in the last 24 hours and I would agree. As it turned out both the Tram and Flyer were on wind delay yesterday so on Tram side almost everything was untouched.

Got down to the Flyer at 8:50 to find a line forming already but after the initial line the lines were none existent.

Flurries continued all day and we were able to find fresh tracks all day. Ropes were droping and they are now up to 74 out of 78 trails. Pretty much has fully recovered from the rain a couple weeks ago.

Huck_It_Baby

Awesome! I was hoping someone on the board would have a report from Jay today. I'm trying to ditch work tomorrow and go get sloppy seconds but it's not looking great for me.

Any pics?

kcyanks1

Thanks for the report! JPTracker - any chance you'll be at Jay next Monday or Tuesday (or perhaps Sunday)? If so, and you are interested in meeting up for a few runs, can you PM me (seems like you don't accept PMs)? If anyone else will be at Jay, I'll probably be there one of those days and am pretty flexible on the day.

JPTracker

Thanks for the report! JPTracker - any chance you'll be at Jay next Monday or Tuesday (or perhaps Sunday)? If so, and you are interested in meeting up for a few runs, can you PM me (seems like you don't accept PMs)? If anyone else will be at Jay, I'll probably be there one of those days and am pretty flexible on the day.

Didn't realize my PM was turned off. I will only be up here until Saturday. Plan to leave before the holiday crowd arrives.

Sorry no picks.