• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak, VT 4.20.11

Dave L

Website
newbski.blogspot.com
Just thought I would share some silly video we shot while skiing @ Jay Peak, 4.20.11

It was a sown pour when we left Saranac Lake and didn't let up till we got through High Gate.

The upper mountain was closed due to complete inaccessibility, No Flyer, No Bonny, No Tram. After riding the Jet we discovered why....it was like a sidewalk. Too bad they hadn't actually got the rain to soften it up. Either way the trees were fun in the morning and post lunch made for interesting lift rides up the Metro as enormous ski length channels of ice were blown off the Tram lines cascading insultingly to the riders below! Still good fun, followed by more sogginess.

This was my first time up, and despite the conditions at the time, I am awed by the potential and look forward to getting back up next season. This is a facebook vid so not sure if these imbed tags will work, if not I load it to slowtube

yeah that didn't work so try the direct link:
RRRR

Oh for Christ sake.. Now Farsebook didn't like my "music choice" even though I'm using music I paid for without the intent of commercial gain. We live in a silly world.
I'll re up with FMA music and repost!

Last edited: