• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K 12/10

Tin

One heck of a day. The 12-14" of snow was worth the 4am wake up and drive up and white-knuckle drive back from hell. Mishka and I started out stuck on Snowdon for 20 minutes and went over to the Ridge Area around 9:45am where there were people skiing the groomed stuff. We were some of the first to get down Powerline and Ridge Run, we ended up lapping both several times until there was not much untracked stuff left. The waterbars/bumps on Powerline made for some accidental airs. Headed over to Ovation when more people were around the Ridge area, Ovation had maybe a dozen tracks down it. Was one of the best runs of my life. After that we made a few runs in the Canyon area as they dropped ropes (or people took them down) on lower Downdraft and Double Dipper. Both had dirt sections quickly and Cascade/Escapade were very slick. Headed back over to Old Superstar which just had the rope dropped and was great. Finished the day by lapping Conclusion 3-4 times since there was still untouched snow on the sides. I learned the hard way why, didn't know about the ledgey area on skiers right and was somehow able to hang on until the last rock on the bottom right. An amazing day, was riding 185cm with a 110 waist that Mad Mishka created and it was so light I was somehow able to go until 2pm without a break through that heavy snow.

The ride home was brutal and it was really snowing all the way to Springfield, got into Hartford about 10 minutes before my exam. Great seeing Cornhead once again as well. I think he was one of the only brave souls to head into the Julio/Janita area.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ovation.jpg
    ovation.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 246
  • powerline.jpg
    powerline.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 246
  • MR Skis.jpg
    MR Skis.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 20141210_133223.jpg
    20141210_133223.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 246

Cornhead

Cool seeing you guys at the lodge. I would've posted about going there, but I wasn't sure where we were going, it was either K, or Belleayre. I have a feeling my driver may have wished he chose Belle after driving 240 miles home in the snow. He was letting other drivers actions piss him off. I told him I had one word of advice, relax, R E L A X. At least we got to stop at Brook's for dinner.

Great day at K, skied a lot of glades, very strenuous, fun, but a workout and a half. On the up side, no bottom to be found through the dense foot plus.
uploadfromtaptalk1418402885685.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1418402824020.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1418402863258.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Cornhead

240 miles? how long that take you?

Quite awhile, I think we left K around 3:30, spent maybe an hour at Brook's, got into Binghamton around 10. It usually takes me 4 hrs to get to K on clear roads.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2