• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K management communication

Domeskier

That might a problem. Steamboat might be right and they groomed at some point but when I was there on Cinco De Mayo, SS and Skylark were both open but it was a total sea of moguls t2b. Being like 65-70 the snow was really heavy and wiped me out in 5 runs. It was worth it though.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I would be seriously annoyed if I made the 5 hour trip to Killington for some spring skiing and found that they had groomed Superstar!

steamboat1

I would be seriously annoyed if I made the 5 hour trip to Killington for some spring skiing and found that they had groomed Superstar!

Don't worry. Even if it's groomed in the morning it's wall to wall bumps by noon-1!
Like I said the groom held up most of the day on Fri. because of low skier traffic, Sat. it was all bumped up. If you wanted to bash moguls on Fri. lower Skye Lark was the place to do it.

Last edited:

Gilligan

Like I said the groom held up most of the day on Fri. because of low skier traffic, Sat. it was all bumped up. If you wanted to bash moguls on Fri. lower Skye Lark was the place to do it.

Did they really groom Superstar wall to wall? I thought significant portions of the left and right sides were usually left untouched even when the trail is groomed.

4aprice

Question for Steamboat. (and I should know this but forget) As long as K-1 is open they will run Snowden Quad right? Rams Head is closed but last weekend Low Rider, Patsy's and Vagabond looked delicious and I'm hoping to hit them this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ