• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kastle demo shops

TheArchitect

Does anyone know of some demo shops that carry the FX94? I've checked Wachusett but they only have the MX, BMX and LX.

MadMadWorld

Usually you have to check out a shop near a big mtn. You may want to look at shops near Killington, Stowe, Sunday River, etc.

TheArchitect

Yeah. I'm just hoping someone here might know of some before I start cold-calling shops. I'm hoping to find a place in southern VT as well as around Sugarbush.

TheArchitect

Yeah, I have an account with The Clymb. I was sorely tempted to buy a pair this morning but I came to my senses. I always try to demo before buying. If I didn't then I'd own a number of skis I didn't like.

I currently have a pair of MX88's and love them. I've been thinking of adding a pair of FX94's for when I'm skiing the woods in Northern VT. As much as I love the MX88's I wish they were a bit more flexible in the trees and bumps, especially when the snow is deeper. I also wish they were easier to initiate a turn in those conditions.

Anyway, I was thinking of picking up a pair of last year's FX94's as I've read the 2014's have more metal and are therefore a bit stiffer. That's why I'm looking to see if I can find a pair to demo.

RISkier

I know Pinnacle in Stowe demos some Kastles. Don't know if the have that particular ski but I kind of think they do. Skier shop in Stowe might have them as well.

RustyGroomer

Come to Magic & you can rip a few laps on my LX92's. Not the FX's but super fun & a little softer. Also just skied my 1st day on BMX108's last weekend. Yes, Clymb purchase. Need a few more days on these but holy sh** were they a blast.

〽❄❅

Vermont North Ski Shops 48 Sugarbush Access Rd Warren VT (802) 583 2511

Last time i was there they had the FX series available to demo.

TheArchitect

Thanks for the offer, Rusty, but I'm really interested in the FX series.

Thanks to whatever your name is for the Sugarbush options. :smile: