• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 11/21/2008

2knees

OUCH!!! Awesome day though. Good to ski with you guys. We will have to do it again next weekend at Sundown.

man you're lookin damn good for the first day back after having surgery. How's the back feeling?

powhunter

BTW....Gmgunni and downhill04 are some fine bumpers....hope to see them a lot at our wed night bumpfests

steve

downhill04

man you're lookin damn good for the first day back after having surgery. How's the back feeling?
Its actally feeling fine. Just the typical lower back pain after a day of bumping. I took it easy for the first half of the day then let it rip a little bit in the afternoon. My quads were burning big time.

Greg

Staff member
I was just doing my best to keep up.

Riiiiiiight. :roll:

You were really struggling, I could tell. Especially right before that rad little daffy you pulled on the last run. :daffy:

Greg

Staff member
BTW, I picked up some Smartwool Ultralight socks at REI today. Also fiddling with the boots a bit to get a more comfortable fit.

reefer

Awsome first day!

Great seeing everyone Friday! Awesome first day. Just got back from Mt. Snow - yeah I skied five more hours today on a very good Chute. Got to get that post up and take the ski widow to dinner. I'll be back later!
P.S. Thanks for editing out that ugly wipe-out Greg..........................................

Last edited:

downhill04

Riiiiiiight. :roll:

You were really struggling, I could tell. Especially right before that rad little daffy you pulled on the last run. :daffy:

I thought you guys were going to be the end of me. My legs were fried! I really couldn't keep up. I was cursing you guys the last two runs.

downhill04

Great seeing evryone Friday! Awesome first day. Just got back from Mt. Snow - yeah I skied five more hours today on a very good Chute. Got to get that post up and take the ski widow to dinner. I'll be back later!
P.S. Thanks for editing out that ugly wipe-out Greg..........................................

Keith I give you credit. There was no getting me out of bed today let alone skiing 5 hours. You the man!

Greg

Staff member
Great seeing evryone Friday! Awesome first day. Just got back from Mt. Snow - yeah I skied five more hours today on a very good Chute. Got to get that post up and take the ski widow to dinner. I'll be back later!

Likewise. Great to see you Keith. Thanks for the almost-tackle greeting. ;) Nice pics.

bvibert

Staff member

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing them!

This one is rad:
1984d1227398691-killington-11-21-2008-dscn1868.jpg

BTW; I think I missed your wipe-out when I was taping... The sun glare made it hard for me to see exactly what I was taping.

Moe Ghoul

Just read thru this thread and recognized gmcunni, I think we stared at each other on a coupla occasions, lol. Had a fun time, got up to the Mountain Sports Inn around 5PM on Wednesday, chatted with Bob at the front desk and had dinner at the Lookout. Up early Thursday AM and on the gondy by 9:10. Skied a few runs down GN top to bottom to knock the summer rust off and alternated top to bottom runs with runs down Rime/Reason and East Fall, then back up on the GNT. Good manmade coverage, skied until 2 and hit the lodge for some Long trails. Had dinner at Jax (good food, good vibe) and shot pool with some youngsters, lites out by 11. Friday: Back on the gondy by 9:15 and did a repeat of Thursday, with runs on the Mousetrap and Highline. Kept a little further skier's right on Mousetrap since were not big bump skiers and it was a good opportunity to play on them in the softer snow. Did a few runs off the Snowdon lift that opened up and called it a day around 2. Had dinner at Garlic, and encountered a car problem that almost resulted in a tow to the Honda dealership in Rutland. :( Fortunately, I was able to figure out a temporary solution, ROCKING THE PILOT BACK AND FORTH WHILE TURNING THE IGNITION, and we avoided some major headache. Back on the mountain by 8:40 on Saturday, Rinse and repeat Thurs/Fri, with the addition of the Superstar lift opening just before lunch. Cruised on the Coombas since Skylark had some relatively untracked areas to play in. Saturday was by far the coldest of the 3 days and there was some light flurries overnite for extra stoke. We called it a day by 1PM, the crowds were getting thicker, and a Kmart patroller almost waffled me showing off skiing backwards while I was waiting for Fred at the first turn on top of GN after getting off the gondy. No pix to display, too lazy to bring a camera. Kmart is a good preseason destination, but we concluded that if there was a Jesrey shore equivalent of the Kmart vibe, it would be something like Wildwood or Seaside, lol. We hung out at the GNT around 10AM on Friday hoping to meet up with some AZers, but I mighta gotten the time/location mixed up. After yellin out AZ a coupla times and getting strange stares, I shut up and skied.