• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 12/29-30...Powder feast

JimG.

Staff member
Really some great eastern powder skiing at K yesterday and today. After 2 feet of snow on Wednesday, we drove into Rutland yesterday at about 10am and it was puking snow. Got on snow at about 10:45 and it was already amazing. Trees fair game except for steepest areas. Best part was the high quality of the snow which was absolute blower cold smoke. Skied until 4pm, waited almost an hour in the traffic jam to leave the mountain on Sat, crashed at hotel.

BTW, it never stopped snowing hard. It snowed all day and all night. And it got really cold. It was still snowing when we got up at 7am and it was still snowing a bit at 1pm this afternoon. Today the whole place had 13" of prime powder. The woods were epic. Everything was buried. One of the first times I have skied virgin woods powder at K. I really don't have words to describe just how good the skiing was today.

In terms of snow quality this was a top 5 day for me. I think it was really crowded both days, but somehow I didn't notice it much at all. The only thing that stands out is 2 days of prime skiing.

JimG.

Staff member
Quality Inn...total dive.

A priceline special, it was clean, cheap, and comfortable.

JimG.

Staff member
Excellent Jim! Glad ya caught some fresh...Snowdon woods??

Steveo

You know me...in the afternoon. It was cold and the wind was blowing, so the lift was the usual refrigerator. Kept folks away at the gondola. People there were on the trails and few were in the woods and they were awesome in the pm. Lot's of snow, not much traffic.

In the morning we were at and around Skye/Superstar.