• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington and Okemo Covid procedures 2021/22?

drjeff

I guess Vail can't follow their own rules: The way I read the following from the Vail webpage, you don't need to prove you're vaccinated to use the rest room:

Do I need a vaccine to ski and ride this season?
No. If you wish to access our resorts to ski and ride this season, a vaccination will not be required. Vaccines will also not be required ... or in indoor spaces such as restrooms, ...

Correct.

There was some confusion, by staff, about this at Mount Snow the 1st day or 2 at the Summit Lodge atleast where it's the same door for both the cafeteria and entrance to the restrooms.

That apparently was clarified by higher ups, and the situation is now as Vail policy reads. Face masks/face coverings for all while inside, proof of Vax status for age 12 and up while using the dining facilities.

I would guess that the situation at Stowe was something similar out of new policy/? new employee confusion vs a different Stowe specific policy, unless of course that is a policy that the town of Stowe has in place, which would take precedent over the Vail policy

Last edited:

Kingslug20

Now that i think of it..they had a guy stationed on the back entrance for cards..but the guy in front was stationed at the mid point of the stairs..so..maybe you could use the bathroom without card as no one was at the front door which leads directly to the bathroom...but also the shop..

mbedle

Now that i think of it..they had a guy stationed on the back entrance for cards..but the guy in front was stationed at the mid point of the stairs..so..maybe you could use the bathroom without card as no one was at the front door which leads directly to the bathroom...but also the shop..
I believe that was it. The guy on the stairs was only supposed to check people coming up from the bathroom level into the dinning/bar area, not people going down. However, after using the bathroom, and if they didn't recognize you, you had to show again to get back upstairs. Plus, there is new bathroom on the top floor, over near the cafeteria.

spiderpig

At Killington you had to show a vax card to get in, but that was during world cup so I'm not sure if that was only for the more crowded world cup weekend or if it is a thing all season.
yes, I think that was just for the World Cup ticketed control area

gittist

The Killington question has been answered but has anyone been to Okemo? I know what the EPIC/Snow.com says but what are they actually doing during the weekedays? Are non-skiers allowed in the lodge(s)

drjeff

The Killington question has been answered but has anyone been to Okemo? I know what the EPIC/Snow.com says but what are they actually doing during the weekedays? Are non-skiers allowed in the lodge(s)

I know myself and my kids went into the Mount Snow Base Lodge the last 2 weekends after we were done skiing for the day and had changed out of our ski clothes into regular attire.

Don't think you can "camp out" in the lodge all day because of the 45 minute time limit they give you when your reservation starts.

And I also know that when legendary apres ski entertainer, Bruce Jacques, starts his shows in Cuzzins at Mount Snow back up on Saturday the 18th, the plan is for reserved seating for his 1st set, clear out all of Cuzzins, then bring in a second, new group of reservations for a second set

Smellytele

I know myself and my kids went into the Mount Snow Base Lodge the last 2 weekends after we were done skiing for the day and had changed out of our ski clothes into regular attire.

Don't think you can "camp out" in the lodge all day because of the 45 minute time limit they give you when your reservation starts.

And I also know that when legendary apres ski entertainer, Bruce Jacques, starts his shows in Cuzzins at Mount Snow back up on Saturday the 18th, the plan is for reserved seating for his 1st set, clear out all of Cuzzins, then bring in a second, new group of reservations for a second set
That sounds horrible

JimG.

Staff member
I made a list of things I like about COVID. At first it was just for giggles but soon realized there is a lot for me personally to like.

The top item is avoiding the lodge and basing my ski operations out of my car. When we had kids starting in the mid-90's I stopped changing in my car and did everything in the lodge. Part of it was the need for a season locker but also having as many as 3 kids out on snow at a time made the car too claustrophobic. After the kids grew up and moved on I kept going in the lodge out of habit. Then came last season and COVID. I spent no time in the lodge other than maybe a warm up or bathroom break. Much better.

machski

Sunapee you could use the rest room or the old cubby hall as a warm up area inside without proof of vax. If you wanted to go to tables/chairs by the main lodge cafeteria, you had to show your vax card at the rope line.

2Planker

What they Post as Policy and what actually happens is a whole different story.

Wildcat never checked 12yo kids who ate in the lodge caf on Sunday.

When we picked them up, we both walked right in to the lodge, in street clothes w/ masks on, and used the bathrooms.
No one around to check anything....
My friend even grabbed a cup of ice from the Caf. No one checking there either...

Prob. Opening weekend jitters.

Edd

What they Post as Policy and what actually happens is a whole different story.

Wildcat never checked 12yo kids who ate in the lodge caf on Sunday.

When we picked them up, we both walked right in to the lodge, in street clothes w/ masks on, and used the bathrooms.
No one around to check anything....
My friend even grabbed a cup of ice from the Caf. No one checking there either...

Prob. Opening weekend jitters.
So you have a pass to Wildcat this season?

2Planker

So you have a pass to Wildcat this season?
Nope, No pass this year.
Anyone could walk in at 3:30, No one at all to check anything; Masks, Vacc cards, nothin'

Will ski on Comps earned over the last 3-4 years. (WC, BW & SR)

Last edited:

snoloco

They didnt require or request masks for full gondola which i didn't love. normally i would avoid the gondola anyway bc who needs the very top of k-peak, but no choice early season. would have preferred required masking in a tiny cabin. i pulled my buff up and opened all the windows. whatever. if i got covid from it i was blissfully unaware of it.
Why did you ride it right at open then? You could've waited till about half an hour after they opened and probably got your own cabin. If they're top to bottom, then take a different lift. Almost no one is requiring masks in gondolas. It's unenforceable, so it's just virtue signaling to "require" them.

KustyTheKlown

Why did you ride it right at open then? You could've waited till about half an hour after they opened and probably got your own cabin. If they're top to bottom, then take a different lift. Almost no one is requiring masks in gondolas. It's unenforceable, so it's just virtue signaling to "require" them.
That aged well