• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington is opening

giantfan

What time do you all think Sunday and Killington will open at?
From SR:
"Check back here around 7am tomorrow and we'll have a more definite opening time with more details."
From Killington:
"The first turns of the season will be dedicated exclusively to Season Pass and Express Card holders, and opening time will be determined early Monday morning and announced right here in the Conditions Report."

Smellytele

Yeah I know. Got a few of them for my friends. I wouldn't use them now. They're far more valuble when K goes to regular season rates. They are good until 3/31 unlike the 2fers that expire Dec. 14

i agree. If you're a single you just need to find another in the parking lot. Of course you know that as well. :)
It is amazing some times though that people look at you strange like you are selling heroin and want nothing to do with you. With the 2fers i am always looking for another person because my family is five.

steamboat1

i agree. If you're a single you just need to find another in the parking lot. Of course you know that as well. :)
It is amazing some times though that people look at you strange like you are selling heroin and want nothing to do with you. With the 2fers i am always looking for another person because my family is five.
Yep, a friend & me had a hard time giving away ski free vouchers one day at K. We weren't even asking for any money. We still laugh about it sometimes. I've told this story before but we approached a group of four guys & offered it to them. The guy told us he couldn't use them because they were a group of four & we had only three ski free vouchers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• doh-homer-simpson-doh_23577270.jpg
    doh-homer-simpson-doh_23577270.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 369

dlague

Been there done that. Generally never had a problem except while at Killington last season. Hell half the people didn't speak good English and were in avoidance mode. We have several 2 fers at different mountains with an odd number again so we shall see!

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Regarding steamboat1's comment: I was told that it cost $60K to install the Peak Stairway. Chris Nyberg, then CEO, was quoted as saying, they made back their money in the first two weeks it was used.

Commenting on the photo posted by sikskier: First thing in the AM on Nov. 3, there was a huge traffic jam going down the steps.

ScottySkis

I hope this forecast gets colder for K hard to make snow in the next few days I give them and all who are making snow now thanks and hopefully in a 3 weeks or less I make a trek to K or Jiminy once several trails are open to justify spending gas money and travel.

RECREATIONAL FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT
316 AM EST TUE NOV 4 2014

THE HIGHER SUMMITS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN ADIRONDACKS OF NEW YORK AND
THE NORTHERN GREEN MOUNTAINS OF VERMONT...

.TODAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE
AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. WEST WINDS 10 TO 25 MPH...
BECOMING SOUTHWEST AT 25 TO 40 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...CLOUDY. RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S.
SOUTHWEST WINDS 35 TO 50 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY...CLOUDY IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY SUNNY. A
CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S. WEST
WINDS 30 TO 45 MPH...DECREASING TO 25 TO 35 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

.THE HIGHER SUMMITS FORECAST FOR THE SOUTHERN GREEN MOUNTAINS OF
VERMONT...

.TODAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. WEST WINDS 10 TO
20 MPH...BECOMING SOUTHWEST AT 20 TO 35 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S.
SOUTHWEST WINDS 30 TO 45 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY...CLOUDY IN THE MORNING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY SUNNY. A
CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. WEST
WINDS 30 TO 40 MPH...DECREASING TO 25 TO 30 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

$$

steamboat1

Regarding steamboat1's comment: I was told that it cost $60K to install the Peak Stairway. Chris Nyberg, then CEO, was quoted as saying, they made back their money in the first two weeks it was used.
That's construction costs. The path that the stairs are on has been there a long time. Like I said it was a popular traverse that came in at the top of the glade chair instead of the other trails that come in lower on Great Northern.

SIKSKIER

More comedy from the Beast:
Currently, were using the Peak Walkway to and from open terrain in the North Ridge area to help get those legs back in prime condition