• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington will Open Before Sunday River This Season

Puck it

I will be on my Hell and Backs opening day or maybe the Palmers 01's (90mm). But nothing narrower.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yes, I openly admit again I like, no make that LOVE to stir up conversation in these types of threads. I sincerely apologize to you sir if my choice of words means I am trolling to you. I don't think many others feel that way. But since you are so clearly bothered by what I said, I will never again admit to stirring any pots.

Just to show you how sensitive people on the internet have become, when I openly admitted to stirring the pot in the past, Greg, the old owner of this site, made me an avatar which was basically my head photoshopped onto a picture of a chef stirring a big pot. I loved that avatar and displayed it proudly. And nobody had any issues with it.

Found it

jim_pot_stirrer.gif

Gilligan

You know, promoting conversation on this site is what pays the bills.

Nick, you cut off the best part of that particular post of JimG's. You know, the part where he says he loves to "promote conversation" in order to help you "pay the bills". I copied it for you, above. You are welcome.

Lots of people on these boards purposely say things hoping to "still the pot" or get a rise out of people. I just happen to feel that moderators have a responsibility to try and keep things on track and should be above such behavior.

jimmywilson69

Nick, you cut off the best part of that particular post of JimG's. You know, the part where he says he loves to "promote conversation" in order to help you "pay the bills". I copied it for you, above. You are welcome.

Lots of people on these boards purposely say things hoping to "still the pot" or get a rise out of people. I just happen to feel that moderators have a responsibility to try and keep things on track and should be above such behavior.

You don't message board very much do you? It's not like he even called anyone out in derogatory manor. I have seen much worse by mods on other boards. It's the internet not freaking national security. I can't figure out why you are still crying about this 3 pages later.

How's that for stirring the pot:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I had been purposely avoiding the annual Killington thread. There is so good discussion here but I have to add the obligatory "we really need some snow!" :razz:

And to Gilligan, just because someone is a moderator doesn't mean they can't have an opinion. :stirpot:

Gilligan

You don't message board very much do you? It's not like he even called anyone out in derogatory manor. I have seen much worse by mods on other boards. It's the internet not freaking national security. I can't figure out why you are still crying about this 3 pages later.

How's that for stirring the pot:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
3 pages later? Nick and JimG brought the subject back up. I was content to let it rest until then.

No, I do not post here much. Why should I help them pay the bills?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm not thinking about it that deep. I just happened to run across the stir pot image and thought it was pretty funny :dontknow:

JimG.

Staff member
3 pages later? Nick and JimG brought the subject back up. I was content to let it rest until then.

No, I do not post here much. Why should I help them pay the bills?

Since you're the only one complaining, obviously I'm not too good at stirring the pot anyway.

I find it amazing that you are so incensed that I express my opinion and then enjoy and interact with the response. What else can you do online?

And regarding the image, learn to take a joke.

bigbob

Back to the topic at hand, Sunday River will blow marketing snow this weekend if temps allow.

jaybird

Does their marketing budget pay for that, or do the skishops down in civilization help foot that bill, Bob?
Irrespective, natural will fall on Mt Pisgah Sunday nite into Monday.
...Sunday River will be rendered moot in a few short weeks

Vortex

They arlready had a shot on the Web site of them having a gun going the other day. It does not look cold enough to make snow, but I would love to see it. Be there by 11 pm tonight. Fall fest is great to get back together with the Winter friends. Pick up passes, renew some mugs its all good.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They arlready had a shot on the Web site of them having a gun going the other day. It does not look cold enough to make snow, but I would love to see it. Be there by 11 pm tonight. Fall fest is great to get back together with the Winter friends. Pick up passes, renew some mugs its all good.

Sounds like a fun weekend!

bigbob

Looks like the current forecast is calling for Mother Nature to turn on the big snow gun in the sky Sunday night and Monday early AM!!

skiersleft

Game, set, match to Skiersleft.

That is all.

P.S. mister moose should concede defeat and buy me a case of beer ASAP.