• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

skiur

The cost of a K-ticket is up to $109 from $89. No longer worth it for me this season, especially when I have a European trip planned. My family been going to Killington annually since the 70s. Not anymore for me.

Because any other major ski resorts in the country are cheaper? It's not just K, all the big places are extremely expensive without a pass.

KustyTheKlown

i giggle at every outraged post about day ticket prices. its rarely here. its almost always on some facebook group. its not news that a la carte retail is expensive, and there are many ways to beat the house with a little effort.

BodeMiller1

Enough moisture in the ground + enough pitch to the hillside, and often a bit of "push" from some wind, and the mass of the tree that the root system is trying to keep in place in the unstable soil, especially in a mountain situation where often there isn't that much soil covering up the rock underneath, and yup, you certainly can get slides in tree covered steeper hillside areas
But, what was it 15'. This is extraordinary. When a beaver dam breaks during torrential rain you can get road, culvert wash outs, but that's water.

Let's through in earthquakes, but not in these parts.

BodeMiller1

i giggle at every outraged post about day ticket prices. its rarely here. its almost always on some facebook group. its not news that a la carte retail is expensive, and there are many ways to beat the house with a little effort.
I'm sure he knows he can get around the $108. But it takes so much time to cost out options. I buy tickets for me. I feel for people with families, can't even imagine what it costs for 4 people to ski 20 times a year and maybe stay a week or so in hotels. Kids are a good tax brake, but if they ski...

I ask people if they ski and hear "it's too expensive" all the time. But, the sport is alive and well despite snowboarders and the horrible things they do.

jimmywilson69

While the increase in the K ticket sucks, I think the walk up day ticket rate for my mole hill here in PA was like $80. So a $109 pre-purchased Killington ticket that can be used anytime from later October to May doesn't seem that out of line. Sure I wish it was cheaper, but that's how the industry has moved. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

thetrailboss

Staff member
The cost of a K-ticket is up to $109 from $89. No longer worth it for me this season, especially when I have a European trip planned. My family been going to Killington annually since the 70s. Not anymore for me.
So why have you not bought a pass? If you are skiing more than 6-7 days then a pass is the way to go.

Additionally, spoiler alert: the industry does not want you to buy day tickets. They want you to buy a pass.

RH29

K-tickets are not walk up day tickets.

RH29

So why have you not bought a pass? If you are skiing more than 6-7 days then a pass is the way to go.

Additionally, spoiler alert: the industry does not want you to buy day tickets. They want you to buy a pass.
I don't ski 6-7 days there. Usually only 2-3 a year at K. That money will be better spent at Gore and on epic day passes.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I don't ski 6-7 days there. Usually only 2-3 a year at K. That money will be better spent at Gore and on epic day passes.
I thought that would be what you were going to say--sub 6-7 day commitment. It sucks that few places have an option for that segment of the market.

skiur

How much do epic day passes cost (Usable any day of the year)?

cdskier

Depends...prices have already gone up twice for Epic and I don't know what they started at. Right now a single Epic Day pass is $95 for an unrestricted ticket to any eastern resort. If you exclude holidays it drops to $82. Do more than a single day and the price per day drops a bit as well.

thetrailboss

Staff member
"Right on cue. EPIC brownie points for you!"

VD_VD200610060404018AR.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cdskier

I skipped out on buying an Epic Day pass this year as I have a new position at work and I'm not sure yet if I'll have to be in the office more in the winter or not. So I figured if I want to ski somewhere other than Sugarbush this year, I could always ski K or Pico for "free" with my Ikon instead of doing a day at Stowe with an Epic Day pass like I did the last couple years. And if I end up skiing only at SB, no loss.

Otherwise though, the Epic Day pass is actually not a bad deal if you buy early to have access to ski Stowe for only a day or two.

urungus

You might also consider getting a Ski Vermont 4-pack when they go onsale in October for around $200 (of course only 1 day could be used at Killington). Usually sell out in 5 minutes though.

RH29

Lol at buying tickets. Sure, I’ve done it here and there but I just weasel my way in at most places. You always know someone, somewhere at sometime
My uncle has the killington weekday pass which also has 25% off buddy tickets. The problem is that I'm taking a weeklong European trip and realistically won't be able to make it to VT on weekdays, aside from maybe a Monday.

A Monday discount ticket will cost 90 bucks. If I get a K-ticket for 109 then my cost per day is $100/day - which I guess isn't totally unreasonable for two days. I plan to get very good value on my Indy pass and avoid purchasing day tickets as much as possible. Epic Day passes would be $81/ea for two days ($49/ea if I limit myself to New Hampshire, and who knows if I even make it up there this year), but I don't even think I'll end up doing that.

I'm someone who likes to mountain hop and explore different places. It sucks that the industry is increasingly opposed to people like me. If it weren't for Indy Pass I don't know if I'd ski more than 5-8 days a year.

heiusa

I am very disappointed in the new K Tickets pricing. In the past I felt they were a good deal for someone like myself who can only get to Killington 4 to 8 weekends each winter. In the past I would buy 7 K tickets and get one free. That allowed me to ski either 4 weekends Sat + Sun, or 8 Saturdays on K tickets and then buy 8 Sunday tix at Pico.

I cant justify a season pass at $1,369 that offers no reciprocity for other Powder resorts, or the Beast Pass at $1.929 with a limited Ikon base add on.

At $109, that doesn't make sense when I can buy most mid week tickets at $119 on the website.

Plus if I buy 7 tickets x $109 = $763 that's more than an Epic pass for $689 that is unlimited at most of its VT + NH resorts plus I can use it out west in CO, UT, CA, etc.

While I feel that Killington is much better and less crowded than Stowe, Okemo and Mt. Snow, its not better value wise.

I guess I will be skiing at Pico only this winter, thought for some reason they don't have ticket prices posted yet on the Pico website.