• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

skiur

Webcam is looking pretty bleak. Gonna be a lot of walking involved if they are able to reopen.

Zermatt

Webcam is looking pretty bleak. Gonna be a lot of walking involved if they are able to reopen.
That looks unfixable. I don't see any depth for them to push around to cover the gaps. But once they push it out it only needs to last the day.

Dickc

I remember one year they pushed out what was left so it covered pretty well. Something like a day later the hill was all but bare top to bottom as they covered it so thin.

cdskier

I'm wondering if K expected to lose so much snow between Monday and this coming weekend when they made the decision to go for Saturday. I know the groomers can seemingly work miracles sometimes, but there really looks like not much there to work with to make a top to bottom route like K said they wanted.

Zand

I'm guessing they end up scrapping Sunday and close after Saturday. Headwall will probably be walking and then maybe they can bridge together the rest.

Then again, they kind of had an abrupt end last season too so maybe they won't open at all.

cdskier

Killington remains committed to opening (for at least a few hours), but they've pretty much thrown in the towel on any notion of being top to bottom and said they may not be able to even groom at all. So lots of walking to be expected for anyone that goes.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I remember one year they pushed out what was left so it covered pretty well. Something like a day later the hill was all but bare top to bottom as they covered it so thin.

Killington remains committed to opening (for at least a few hours), but they've pretty much thrown in the towel on any notion of being top to bottom and said they may not be able to even groom at all. So lots of walking to be expected for anyone that goes.

Doubt they would've opened up if they didn't already commit. It's not even Saturday yet and it looks like Supe usually does after a warm/wet closing day. Should be interesting for sure

Newpylong

I'm guessing they end up scrapping Sunday and close after Saturday. Headwall will probably be walking and then maybe they can bridge together the rest.

Then again, they kind of had an abrupt end last season too so maybe they won't open at all.

Of course there won't be a Sunday, they will close by lunch on Saturday. No grooming either, too muddy to even try.

slatham

I was very skeptical of the β€œgo” for Saturday, but this is now eyes wide open ski it if you dare. No false advertising. Not for me, but I have to admire the attitude.

drjeff

Folks who golf could probably throw their clubs in the car too and get a noonish tee time at the K golf course and likely not miss last chair before hitting the links.

Kudos to K for going for it. As favorable as Mother Nature has been the last few months for keeping Superstar going in good shape, seems like she finally decided this past week that she was really ready to win out over the mtn ops crew at K

jaytrem

Crazy how fast it went from no walking required on Sunday morning to what it is now. At least it should be fast grass as long as it stays a little wet,

KustyTheKlown

any of you catch the latest drama on the skiology facebook?

the self-appointed 'queen of the catskills' who skins hunter like 75 days a season (sisyphus torture in my opinion) stayed at a BNB near killington, somehow found out the proprietor is a sex offender, apparently not properly registered, and she's made multiple posts and contacted vt authorities and generally engaged the facebook pitchfork mob

now i am not here defending sex offenders, and a sex offender operating a bed and breakfast out of their home is problematic. that being said, the entire skiology facebook mob approach to this topic strikes me as weird and gross. i also think its weird the 'celebrity' that this girl has cultivated for herself on this very weird corner of the internet.

ThatGuy

Definitely find that little cult odd as well.
Its crazy the credence people on there give her posts (which read more like sad soap operas than ski reports for the most part). She could put up a picture of a rock and it would generate hundreds of likes.
Hopefully next season when it becomes paid they eliminate the fan group (cult) because the gapers are getting out of hand.

KustyTheKlown

Definitely find that little cult odd as well.
Its crazy the credence people on there give her posts (which read more like sad soap operas than ski reports for the most part). She could put up a picture of a rock and it would generate hundreds of likes.
Hopefully next season when it becomes paid they eliminate the fan group (cult) because the gapers are getting out of hand.

lol they are making it paid?

i think that just means they'll have more cultists and less people like us who lurk it. i wouldn't pay for that shit.

also, she made, or someone made, 'queen of the catskills' t-shirts. wtf.