• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kitchen Appliance Suggestions

Geoff

I put high end, but not top of the line, stainless tub Bosch dishwashers in both of my places. The first was the consumer reports top recommendation at the time 8 or 9 years ago. The one I bought in May also has a good rating. I care about quiet and I care about getting the dishes clean.

Any appliance can break. I try to buy from local people who have a good service reputation.

On the range, I got nuthin'. I'm a gas person and can't imagine living with electric. I'd install a propane tank before I'd buy an electric range.

hammer

I put high end, but not top of the line, stainless tub Bosch dishwashers in both of my places. The first was the consumer reports top recommendation at the time 8 or 9 years ago. The one I bought in May also has a good rating. I care about quiet and I care about getting the dishes clean.

Any appliance can break. I try to buy from local people who have a good service reputation.

On the range, I got nuthin'. I'm a gas person and can't imagine living with electric. I'd install a propane tank before I'd buy an electric range.
I realize that appliances can and do break, and I was not complaining about that...I was just hoping that I wouldn't have issues with the manufacturer's service department. Guess it was the chance I took when I bought from a big store and didn't want to pay the $$$ for a service contract.

darent

how.does.a.bosch.dishwasher.work.the.secret.is.out.jpg

The real reason Bosh dishwashers are so quiet.

great picture, our bosch has a dog pre cleaner, shortens the wash cycle

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Our dog pre-cleaner works too well. I turn it off and it still keeps going. Can't unplug the darn thing either.

Great pic. Took me a sec, then I had a total WTF moment!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
we have been through 4 or 5 sets of appliances thanks to three house moves, a remodel and equipment failure. the bottom line is that ours all failed at nearly the same rate, regardless whether they were middle of the road or high end. we've using some middle of the road GE and maytag stuff now. I'm no fusspot. If the dog would clean the dishes and put them away, I'd take it.

gladerider

about 5-6 years ago we did our kitchen. i wanted the most quiet dw on the market. went to several dealers. had them demo some. of all the ones we demo'd miele was the most quiet one. i think i paid about $1400 back then. most of the times, i don't even know it's running. it's been trouble free so far. knock on wood.

ctenidae

Our dog pre-cleaner works too well. I turn it off and it still keeps going. Can't unplug the darn thing either.

Great pic. Took me a sec, then I had a total WTF moment!

Yeah, ours goes into search-and-destroy mode if you try to turn it off. And then shits on the sidewalk.