• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Late October Snowmaking?

Greg

Staff member
5th most popular thread in the skiing forum now. Dipiro's thread is now in jeopardy. Must be all the raps.

Greg

Staff member
The NWS point forecast for Sugarloaf at 2,942' still looks good at night starting Sunday night through Thursday

The latest look has trended even colder.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind between 13 and 15 mph.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 38.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 39.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 42.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday: A chance of snow or rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow or rain showers. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 33.

Bartlett looks better too:

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind between 9 and 11 mph.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 44.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 22.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 43.

Keep up the raps, guys. It's working!

snowman

I'm not much of a rapper, but I put this together. Sing it to the Brady Bunch theme:

Here's the story of a dawg named Steezy,
Who was rappin' and was goofin' all the time.
All his posts are solid gold, hard to fathom,
He's almost twenty nine.

Here's the story of a tool named snowman,
Who was busy with some rhymes of his own.
They were lame-ass, making us all wonder,
If he just might get owned.

Till the one day when Grilled Steezy met this snowman
We all wondered who would leave with a scar.
Then this jerk suggested that they "ski-off,"
So both threw a punch and then owned Highway Star

Own Highway Star. Own Highway Star.

That's the way that they both owned Highway Star.

I like this one. I think It would be premium if you had rapped it to yourself before you posted it. It loses flow here and there..like line 2 you need to lose "and was goofin". If you try to rap/sing it as is, it just doesn't flow. That's the problem with steezies too. He's got some good lines here and there, but it just doesn't all flow together. I know it doesn't have to rhyme to flow....but if you just can't rap or sing it however hard you try, there's obviously something wrong. I heard a lot of famous artists tell the same story of how most hit songs/raps are written in 5 minutes, like these (I hope). But, then they pick them apart for a few hours after...changing this and that. Then they come back to it a week later and pick at it some more. Then tehy come back to it a month later, and if they still like it, they go with it.

Greg

Staff member
I like this one. I think It would be premium if you had rapped it to yourself before you posted it. It loses flow here and there..like line 2 you need to lose "and was goofin". If you try to rap/sing it as is, it just doesn't flow. That's the problem with steezies too. He's got some good lines here and there, but it just doesn't all flow together. I know it doesn't have to rhyme to flow....but if you just can't rap or sing it however hard you try, there's obviously something wrong. I heard a lot of famous artists tell the same story of how most hit songs/raps are written in 5 minutes, like these (I hope). But, then they pick them apart for a few hours after...changing this and that. Then they come back to it a week later and pick at it some more. Then tehy come back to it a month later, and if they still like it, they go with it.

Like I said, you're supposed to sing it to the Brady Bunch theme. Oh yeah, you're Canadian... Let me help you out:

Try it again, genius... :roll:

deadheadskier

Staff member

Frosty, he clearly said it wasn't a rap. If you sing it to the Brady bunch theme song, it flows pretty much perfectly. Nice try at being Dr Dre though

who needs pay per view when we've got the great white throwdown!!?? Fkin great schit...eminem called, he wants his momma's rhymes back.

Ps. Lemme know when I can download this schit from itunes!

A little better, you must have been up all night workin' on that?

Yes Steeze, I'm MC Snowman,
Me N Al Bundy, all members of no ma'am,
I flow sick, you flow slow man,
Come time ta shuffle you do the can can,

Kool mo dee is where I start,
I go way back, you jus a young fart,
4 weeks ago I kissed Rhianna,
My chick saw but still no dramma,

At the club I'm V.I.P.,
You down below, jus starin' at me,
Maybe not me, perhaps Akon,
He at my table, you still wit ya mom

I like this rap stuff, it's too easy,
I gettin betta, you still steezy,
This rap is hype, you can't deny,
Unless you sit there and just lie.

Haha..O.K. finally a response..

Snowman chills with Al Bundy selling shoes
When it comes to rap battles he'll lose
Drink booze
or slam your head into a wall
Frostys raps make you want to fall
off a bridge like a game of cards
knowing about snowmaking is not hard
maybe they'll blow the first week in November
It's all good Mother Nature is the sender
of colder weather when it comes to balls it's got to be tether
on a rope..yes my raps are dope and sick
I rock an afro-pick and a bic lighter
making bon fires and eating Bon Bons with Peggy Bundy
cause Al has a shoe sale
Snowman is blind he needs to learn braille
I bet he never hit a rail or a butterbox..
He thinks he's mad steezy with 2 pairs of ski socks
mad itchy like Chicken pox..a wannabe be rapper with a midget on his jock..

I'm not much of a rapper, but I put this together. Sing it to the Brady Bunch theme:

Here's the story of a dawg named Steezy,
Who was rappin' and was goofin' all the time.
All his posts are solid gold, hard to fathom,
He's almost twenty nine.

Here's the story of a tool named snowman,
Who was busy with some rhymes of his own.
They were lame-ass, making us all wonder,
If he just might get owned.

Till the one day when Grilled Steezy met this snowman
We all wondered who would leave with a scar.
Then this jerk suggested that they "ski-off,"
So both threw a punch and then owned Highway Star

Own Highway Star. Own Highway Star.

That's the way that they both owned Highway Star.

Nice Greg is definitely a child of the 80s..yes he watched Brady Bunch in re-runs..not live..like the 40 somethings on here..lol

fine, I'll humor you

His name is snoman
We call him frosty
Don’t much care
When his eyes get glossy

He’s a trip, make that a dick
Braggin’ he’s rich,
Lookin’ like a prick
All Azer’s do is simply wish he’d quit

I don’t mind though
Sit back and let him go
Laughin’ to myself as his ego grows

It’s comic, him thinking he’s cronic
Boy needs to relax with a gin and tonic
And get real ya’ll
It hurts to watch him fall
Playin’ the fool like a know it all

So, four years yo
That’s how long he was making snow
Talkin like a pro
We all know what type of gun
That mr frosty blows

So that’s it and that’s all
Gonna walk off tall
I’ll be nice
this ain’t worth doin’ twice
And with that

HEY FROSTY! GET A F***IN’ LIFE!

Mad props..I think it's great..you flow ridiculous yo..

Wait are you some hip-hop producer??? I Challenge you to a rap battle this season and somebody can record it to see what the AZs thing...

snowman

Like I said, you're supposed to sing it to the Brady Bunch theme. Oh yeah, you're Canadian... Let me help you out:

Try it again, genius... :roll:

Admittedly I forgot just how f$Eked up and off balance that song was. It's like steezy wrote it or something. :flag:

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
you guy's rap
is a whole lotta crap

take it to the head
or better yet
make your own thread

But you see, SRO
what you don't know
is that we wanna make the thread
keep on movin' ahead.
Just a few more posts,
we're gettin' close,
we can almost boast,
our thread's the most grandiose.
If you don't like what you see,
here's my imperial decree:
head back to skiMRV,
where there ain't no emcee.

:wink:

I can rhyme, but I sure as hell can't rap, lol

SRO... you asked for it :wink:

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
But you see, SRO
what you don't know
is that we wanna make the thread
keep on movin' ahead.
Just a few more posts,
we're gettin' close,
we can almost boast,
our thread's the most grandiose.
If you don't like what you see,
here's my imperial decree:
head back to skiMRV,
where there ain't no emcee.

:wink:

I can rhyme, but I sure as hell can't rap, lol

SRO... you asked for it :wink:

You taking a poetry class? :wink: I can see it now...a bunch of tough snowmakers comparing prose at 3AM when they should be hucking hose for the next round.

Unfortunately, skiMRV is dead as a doornail right now. If it wasn't for Lostone replying to his own posts and the both of us posting pics we are talking about 3 maybe four posts a week over there....:wink:

Hey, got an idea to pick things up over there. You post the VSAA resort opening schedule, the one that says Mt Ellen opens first and title the thread..."change of plans". I think that would pick things up, for sure. :lol:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
A "ski off" challenge has morphed into a rap off? This is comedy. I needed a laugh this morning, what with all the rain, so I thought "hey, why not get caught up on the last 100 posts in the Late October Snowmaking thread? What a riot. I really don't have anything to add but figured I could help get this thread closer to the top three all time.

kcyanks1

A "ski off" challenge has morphed into a rap off? This is comedy. I needed a laugh this morning, what with all the rain, so I thought "hey, why not get caught up on the last 100 posts in the Late October Snowmaking thread? What a riot. I really don't have anything to add but figured I could help get this thread closer to the top three all time.

Because (at the time I'm posting), you really need to improve upon your 5,423 posts :)

bvibert

Staff member

57 posts away from top three....