• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

legalize it already

ScottySkis

A Chicago-based marijuana company won tax benefits for a 450,000-square-foot production facility in Warwick that it hopes to begin building by May 1.

ScottySkis

While New York won't see sales until the OCM issues rules and regulations, the Sovereign Native American nations could likely be up and running a lot sooner.
-----------
Bryan Polite, the Shinnecock tribal chairman, said if the entire federally recognized sovereign tribe votes in favor, they could begin recreational pot sales before the end of the year.

“Although we’re sovereign, we are following a similar path, as far as responsibility, vetting it through the community and looking at it in its totality,” Polite said.

"If our example is leading the way with the mindset on Long Island, and I think that's a good thing," he said, "because we've been very deliberate with the way we're trying to approach this program — where we mitgate some of the downsides to legalization but also to enhance our tribal programs and capabilities from this program — then it's a welcome change in our dealings with outside agencies."

snoseek

Bought some of this delta 8 shit that everyone is talking about. Fully legal got it in nh. Its derived from hemp. Gives me a great high but without the mental part so much. I like it lots!

ScottySkis

Join cannabis advocates, labor leaders and members of impacted communities as we rally in support of HB6377 "AN ACT CONCERNING LABOR PEACE AGREEMENTS AND A
MODERN AND EQUITABLE CANNABIS WORKFORCE."

Endorsing organizations:
CURE-CT
CT Cannawarriors
New England Craft Cannabis Alliance
CT NORML
UFCW

ScottySkis

Hope everyone enjoy today
I not use any more but I always be with Mary Jane in all great life she made for me for 20 years

ScottySkis

No surprise at all about government and Mary j:
""Consumer demand for these products is not going to go away," observes Paul Armentano, deputy director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, "and re-criminalizing them will only push this consumer base to seek out similar products in the unregulated illicit market."

ScottySkis

Studies have shown that magic mushrooms can outperform #BigPharma antidepressants, and HBO Real Time has the first new drug ad for this upcoming craze!

ScottySkis

Authors reported: "Political discourse advocating #marijuana prohibition commonly hinges on the assumption that marijuana causes hard drug use. The MGH [marijuana gateway hypothesis] is by far the most common justification for prohibiting the use of #cannabis. However, the current study provides further evidence that common liability arguments are more in line with substance use patterns observed in the USA."

ScottySkis

'Authors reported: "Political discourse advocating #marijuana prohibition commonly hinges on the assumption that marijuana causes hard drug use. The MGH [marijuana gateway hypothesis] is by far the most common justification for prohibiting the use of #cannabis. However, the current study provides further evidence that common liability arguments are more in line with substance use patterns observed in the USA."

ScottySkis

"Marijuana users are equal to or more likely to exercise than non-users,” authors reported. They further acknowledged that “the commonly held perception that marijuana users are largely sedentary is not supported by data on young and middle-aged adults."

No surprise at all

ScottySkis

No surprise:
"Researchers reported that participants assigned to use CBD-dominant #cannabis during the trial period “drank fewer drinks per drinking day, had fewer #alcohol use days, and fewer alcohol and cannabis co-use days compared with the other groups.” Subjects assigned to the other two groups reported no changes in their drinking patterns."
😃😀

ScottySkis

Good for NYC
"""New York police may soon have cannabis removed from their oversight.
Axel Bernabe, assistant counsel to Governor Andrew Cuomo, said at last week’s Prohibition Partners conference that he’d recommend alternatives such as using social workers when coordinating with the state’s nascent Cannabis Control Board, which will soon lay out a framework for legalized recreational marijuana. New York State recently decided to allow recreational use and the board will soon decide on the details.
“The interaction of law enforcement with individuals around drugs is a big, big part of the bill,” Bernabe said of the state’s new legislation, under which recreational sales are expected in about a year. Bernabe said he thought that other states’ use of social case workers to enforce rules for legal, licensed cannabis businesses is a good idea. He also questioned who would deal with cannabis-related street crimes, such as the selling of unlicensed, black-market marijuana.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-means-new-police-strategy-cannabis-weeklyNew York police may soon have cannabis removed from their oversight.
Axel Bernabe, assistant counsel to Governor Andrew Cuomo, said at last week’s Prohibition Partners conference that he’d recommend alternatives such as using social workers when coordinating with the state’s nascent Cannabis Control Board, which will soon lay out a framework for legalized recreational marijuana. New York State recently decided to allow recreational use and the board will soon decide on the details.
“The interaction of law enforcement with individuals around drugs is a big, big part of the bill,” Bernabe said of the state’s new legislation, under which recreational sales are expected in about a year. Bernabe said he thought that other states’ use of social case workers to enforce rules for legal, licensed cannabis businesses is a good idea. He also questioned who would deal with cannabis-related street crime

ScottySkis

Only took a decade since I started this legalized Mj thread lol
"Breaking News!

Congress just reintroduced the MORE Act, the most comprehensive marijuana reform bill in U.S. history. The MORE Act is crucial to ending the drug war and improving the lives of people it impacts.

It ends federal marijuana prohibition, addresses the collateral consequences of federal marijuana criminalization, and takes steps to ensure the legal marketplace is diverse and inclusive.

Despite the popularity of marijuana across the country, nearly every minute one person is arrested for marijuana possession. Criminalization and enforcement of drug law violations have devastated the social and economic fabrics of entire communities, while also tearing apart the lives of millions of individuals and families.

Criminalization of marijuana also means that these individuals continue to carry the stain of a drug conviction record that affects a person’s ability to work, find housing, receive an education, and otherwise provide for their families.

This bill would declassify marijuana as a controlled substance under federal law, expunge convictions, and reduce marijuana sentences. It reinvests in directly impacted communities to provide social services as well as opportunities to participate in the marijuana industry. Plus, with much work from the DPA team, the newest version of the bill now ensures that ALL people, including those with convictions, can be part of the federal permitting process to sell cannabis.

The time to end federal marijuana prohibition is long overdue.

Contact your congressperson today to voice your support for the #MOREAct: http://ow.ly/Lm5F50EX1bJ

ScottySkis

No surprise at all

""Authors reported that subjects’ perceptions of their pain severity fell nearly 50 percent following #cannabis inhalation. That finding is consistent with previous data using similar methods which concluded that pain patients, on average, reported “a three-point drop in pain suffering on a zero-to-10 point scale immediately following cannabis consumption.”

Read more from #NORML: https://bit.ly/3fFGUxm

ScottySkis

From great head shop in Middletown NY area forever:

""I feel the necessity to put an educational post up because the majority of the public is unaware;

Marijuana is not recreationally legal in New York State yet. The bill was signed. New York State hast to figure out how to collect all of their mob and Greed money. Until that happens it is not recreationally legal in New York State.

Retail storesWill not be allowed to just stock and sell marijuana. You need to have special licensing. Which will cost upwards of over $1 million.

So people please stop coming into Kosmic Korner asking for THC good God already

We no longer sell Delta 8 products
Call Cuomo and let him know what an idiot he is., please

ScottySkis

How ironic that this new stupid law on what should be fully legal everywhere actually take place where I lived for 20 years in Orange County NY
""#CityOfMiddletown It's time to stand up and make your voices heard, loud and clear! Join us on the 15th as we oppose the town's #OptOut law! There is power in numbers, and this is the first chance our community really has had since legalization to show up in a big way. Let's do this!""

ScottySkis

"COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) patients with a history of #marijuana use are less likely to suffer from pneumonia or die during hospitalization as compared to non-users, according to data published in the journal Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research."
No surprise at all

ScottySkis

It's needs to end yesterday:
"The War on Drugs Turns 50 Today — Join Me in Fighting Back: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/joinrick
Fifty years ago today, Nixon declared on national TV that drug addiction was “public enemy number one” — kicking off America’s “war on drugs.”
Since then, millions of Americans have been arrested for marijuana — a fate almost four times as likely to affect black people than privileged white people like me, despite equal usage rates. (As one of Nixon’s advisers admitted, they knew they “couldn’t make it illegal to be black” — so they heavily criminalized marijuana instead.)

⁠Marijuana prohibition is unproductive and unjust — and as the newly elected Board Chair of NORML, I hope you will join me in putting an end to it. You can get on board right now at https://secure.actblue.com/donate/joinrick — and once you do, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
This isn’t about being pro-pot. It’s about fighting racism, taxing and regulating a thriving black market, and ending a failed prohibition based on lies. Because if I want to hang out at home, smoke a joint, and listen to my favorite music, that’s my civil liberty — and it’s yours, too"".

Last edited: