• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's Go Red Sox!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Fans should rant against Donald Fehr and the protectionism given to cheaters. I haven't bought a Yankee seat in a couple of years. The game will be fixed faster when people speak up against cheating. The record books are gone for your grandkids, just as they are for mine. Calling me names and telling me to fuck off is fine. The Sox, Yanks, and Bonds have all been poster boys for cheating.

Cool if nights like this start turning things around...

Matt Garza is a hero tonight. I hope kids look up to players like him, rather than guys taking shortcuts like Ortiz. Don't you?

Would I like to know that the game is clean? Yes

Do I sit at my computer with a pre-typed post blasting Giambi ready to go for when the Yankees lose a game? No

ski9

Would I like to know that the game is clean? Yes

Do I sit at my computer with a pre-typed post blasting Giambi ready to go for when the Yankees lose a game? No

I was actually on a soccer message board talking about the game and cut and pasted exactly what we were discussing. Take off that tin foil hat, bro...it ain't working right.

Gonna root for the Rays in the Series? Gotta love those young players, right?

Mildcat

Yeah, bro, this is the first time I've ranted about the juiced Sox. Unless you missed the other times. I also ranted against all the other juiced players, including Yanks...

Hey, you are welcomed to root for juiced players. Some of my friends love the WWF.

But as a youth sports coach, I'm sorta hoping for lifetime bans...

First of all I never said it was your first time ranting, I was laughing because it was a really long post as soon as they lost. I doubt you could type that fast. You had that ready to go.

Second, you ranted against the Yanks after they didn't win World Series. You said they were the last legit team to win it. That's a fact.

Third, With HGH you can't tell who is and who isn't doing it so if you root for a team you're probably rooting for someone cheating. But I guess you're so much smarter than the rest of us that you can tell by looking.

Mildcat

I was actually on a soccer message board talking about the game and cut and pasted exactly what we were discussing. Take off that tin foil hat, bro...it ain't working

Who are you kidding, you had that ready to go game 5 and 6

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was actually on a soccer message board talking about the game and cut and pasted exactly what we were discussing. Take off that tin foil hat, bro...it ain't working right.

Gonna root for the Rays in the Series? Gotta love those young players, right?

how convenient. So you spew your anti-Boston/steroid hate on a soccer board too? oh brother

you either need to relax or go start a Westboro Baptist Church of anti-steroids in baseball. Your obsession with the issue is pretty scary

Notice, every one else in this thread has been busy enjoying themselves with a great series. But, no, ski9's says we can't enjoy the game and has gotta come in here spreading his hate. That is being a troll ski9 and I suggest you take it somewhere else.

And no, I will be rooting for the Phillies

ski9

First of all I never said it was your first time ranting, I was laughing because it was a really long post as soon as they lost. I doubt you could type that fast. You had that ready to go.

Second, you ranted against the Yanks after they didn't win World Series. You said they were the last legit team to win it. That's a fact.

Third, With HGH you can't tell who is and who isn't doing it so if you root for a team you're probably rooting for someone cheating. But I guess you're so much smarter than the rest of us that you can tell by looking.

Try to be a little honest in your posts and mention that I said there were subsequent Yankee championships that were won by cheating. otherwise, you come off as a pissed off loser.

Yeah, there's no way to tell who is juiced...who can take the time to look at the detailed medical files on every MLB player, each of whom has taken physicals every step of their careers? Weeding out juiced players with those records might take four or five days.

Who has that kind of time?

Who wants to embarrass them?

It's only a game...

Think of the players families.

It's really just the owners' fault.

Oh, and if you root for the Rays, I'll send you a copy of the book "Steroids- Big Muscles, Big Problems" I contributed to (by Alvin, Virginia, and Robert Silverstein-Enslow Publishers, Inc.)...in 1992.

I miss the real game a lot. Sorry if I get carried away when there is a glimmer it may return.

ski9

how convenient. So you spew your anti-Boston/steroid hate on a soccer board too? oh brother

you either need to relax or go start a Westboro Baptist Church of anti-steroids in baseball. Your obsession with the issue is pretty scary

Notice, every one else in this thread has been busy enjoying themselves with a great series. But, no, ski9's says we can't enjoy the game and has gotta come in here spreading his hate. That is being a troll ski9 and I suggest you take it somewhere else.

And no, I will be rooting for the Phillies

Cool that you're having a shitty night. Karma's a bitch. Sucks that I was contributing to the subject when a college soccer coach asked for advice after catching three players with a banned substance.

You clearly would have offered him different advice than I gave.

Mildcat

otherwise, you come off as a pissed off loser.

Actually I'm not pissed they lost. I looked at anything past game 5 as a bonus. I'm rooting for the Phil's because their fans deserve it more not because I'm rooting against the Rays.

Who wants to embarrass them?

Obviously you do because you constantly bring up Ortiz's name.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Cool that you're having a shitty night. Karma's a bitch. Sucks that I was contributing to the subject when a college soccer coach asked for advice after catching three players with a banned substance.

You clearly would have offered him different advice than I gave.

I'm really not having a shitty night. It is only a game.

I do however get annoyed when zealots of any kind come into a situation where people are clearly enjoying themselves and start ranting and raving and causing trouble. That right there is being an asshole.

And just because I still enjoy the game, doesn't mean that I'm pro-steroid. So, you can take your I'm Holier than though attitude and shove it.

FRITOLAYGUY

I have no idea where all this steroid talk came from, im a sox fan did ortiz do steroids who knows the only thing i know is that was a great series and he looks older and so does tek, players on every team have done steroids im sure the only superstar i can look at and say probably never did steroids was Derek Jeter and i hate the yankees.

As far as payroll well the yankees and redsox should meet the mets every year in the world series if payroll mattered but it doesnt payroll doesnt equal teamwork. and using tampa is a bad example why dont u use minnesota or oakland who continually is in the playoffs or knocking at the door and have their payroll in the same vicinity as tampa.

Now back to the series well i cant expect them to do that every year but they fought and went down like champs, i think there are some offseason decision to make, Tek in particular hes looking slow and rough even though he calls a great game.. I dont know who to root for in the world series, im partly for Tampa because they are a nice story and beat my team, then again its too quick too soon they have not suffered like the city of Philly who hasnt had a champion of any major sport since the 83 Sixers. They deserve one. All in all great series, i tip my cap to Tampa every time they have been put on the spot this year they have come thru, great team in years to come if they dont all head for the money when they can afford to sign them.

ComeBackMudPuddles

All this steroids talk is pretty lame in this thread, IMHO....It was a great series, let's enjoy it. If people want to talk steroids, fine, but how about starting another thread?

As for the Fall Classic, I'm an American League guy, so it's Tampa Bay all the way!

But, both teams are young, exciting and feature some pretty impressive budding stars. Should be an exciting series, and, for the life of me, I can't tell what's going to happen.....GO BASEBALL!! Love it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
All this steroids talk is pretty lame in this thread, IMHO....It was a great series, let's enjoy it. If people want to talk steroids, fine, but how about starting another thread?

.....exactly. Perhaps I perpetuated the problem by feeding a troll. But, when someone acts like an A-hole and is determined to ruin the fun of others, I will call them on it every time.

Congrats to Tampa and Philly....both have been gritty teams all year. While the classic lacks the compelling storyline of Manny vs. Boston that the writers and Sox fans were hoping for, I'm sure it will be a great series. It will be a great showcase of some of the fantastic young talent from smaller markets.

ComeBackMudPuddles

It will be a great showcase of some of the fantastic young talent from smaller markets.

I don't think it's fair to Tampa to call it and Philadelphia as teams from "smaller markets"....Philly is a pretty big market, and, if you believe Baseball Almanac, it's actually a bigger market than Boston....

Given its size, I've always thought Philly had no excuse to not put a competitive team on the field year-in year-out.

Warp Daddy

WOW-- i just tuned in to this thread -------------------- You KNOW i havea GREAT DEAL of RESPECT and ADMIRATION for most all of you guys and gals on AZ

AS I mentioned before BB is a great game to play, i'm not really hooked on watching it tho --- BUT GUYS, as an OLD FART just tuning in here --- the AMOUNT of HEAT in this thread Surely surpasses the AMOUNT of LIGHT.

Everyone needs to chill or call time out!!! -- its a KID"S GAME for crissakes -- it AIN"T life . ENJOY it as entertainment -- enjoy each other --- but one thing for sure we don't need anymore ANIMOUSITY or in the world over a KID'S GAME.

PEACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ComeBackMudPuddles

WOW-- i just tuned in to this thread -------------------- You KNOW i havea GREAT DEAL of RESPECT and ADMIRATION for most all of you guys and gals on AZ

AS I mentioned before BB is a great game to play, i'm not really hooked on watching it tho --- BUT GUYS, as an OLD FART just tuning in here --- the AMOUNT of HEAT in this thread Surely surpasses the AMOUNT of LIGHT.

Everyone needs to chill or call time out!!! -- its a KID"S GAME for crissakes -- it AIN"T life . ENJOY it as entertainment -- enjoy each other --- but one thing for sure we don't need anymore ANIMOUSITY or in the world over a KID'S GAME.

PEACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, i don't know....Overall, I think this thread has been pretty civil (ski9 notwithstanding).

thetrailboss

Staff member
We turned it off after the top of the 8th. Red Sox had the bases loaded and couldn't convert. The pitcher lucked out. They had our number...we gave them a fight. At least now I can sleep again. :wink:

ComeBackMudPuddles

We turned it off after the top of the 8th. Red Sox had the bases loaded and couldn't convert. The pitcher lucked out. They had our number...we gave them a fight. At least now I can sleep again. :wink:

That takes some b*lls....If I were a Red Sox fan, after having seen Game 5 and having lived through the other ALCSs, I'd have had a hard time tuning out the last three outs of the season.

thetrailboss

Staff member
That takes some b*lls....If I were a Red Sox fan, after having seen Game 5 and having lived through the other ALCSs, I'd have had a hard time tuning out the last three outs of the season.

I was just too tired....some of us have to get up early to get to work...