• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's see if this has any legs!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump. First, I was just reading about my snowcat skiing trip and saw this on the site:

Snowcat Skiing/Snowboard Statement
We are pleased to offer snowboarding as an option for Grizzly Gulch snowcat skiing. Otherwise, please remember that snowboarding is not allowed within the Alta Ski Area.

Interesting.

http://www.alta.com/the-mountain/backcountry-adventures#alta-snow-skiing

And they had oral argument in the case. TGR's update on it: http://www.tetongravity.com/story/snowboard/will-alta-ever-share-with-snowboarders

KSL's take on it: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=37396027&ni...tah-ski-resort-in-appeals-court&s_cid=queue-4

I'd urge you to take the little poll at the end. The results will surprise you.

wtcobb

I'm surprised there are skiers in Niger!

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot-www ksl com 2015-12-28 09-40-23.png
    screenshot-www ksl com 2015-12-28 09-40-23.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 219

Cannonball

Results (as of now): "Should be allowed at Alta"=23%, "Should not be allowed at Alta"=75%. So 75% of respondents think Alta shouldn't allow snowboarders, and they don't. That seems to add up to me. What do you find surprising about that?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Results (as of now): "Should be allowed at Alta"=23%, "Should not be allowed at Alta"=75%. So 75% of respondents think Alta shouldn't allow snowboarders, and they don't. That seems to add up to me. What do you find surprising about that?

Granted it's not scientific, but considering the noise it appears that most don't want the policy to change. That is a surprise.

cdskier

Granted it's not scientific, but considering the noise it appears that most don't want the policy to change. That is a surprise.

I wasn't surprised by the results. Like you said, it is simply a vocal minority making all the noise. They need to stop wasting the court's time with this. The court has more important things to deal with than who can ski/snowboard where.

Domeskier

I started reading this article but got distracted by a link to a list of 10 celebrities who are said to smell awful. None of them really surprised me. How long before these lunatics file a new suit claiming snowboarders are a protected class?

thetrailboss

Staff member
I started reading this article but got distracted by a link to a list of 10 celebrities who are said to smell awful. None of them really surprised me. How long before these lunatics file a new suit claiming snowboarders are a protected class?

That was one of their arguments.

VTKilarney

If they were smart they would find someone with a handicap that can only snowboard and can't ski.

deadheadskier

Staff member
There's no legal case one way or another. No laws against Alta (or any other business) being lame.