• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift and Lift line Accidents, Issues & Mishaps.

ceo

I have not had the pleasure or benefit of ever taking a T-bar but this is not how it usually goes I feel.

That same thing happened to my sister and brother on the old Upper T-bars at Cannon many years ago. It wouldn't have been so bad if the operator hadn't stopped the lift, making it a lot harder for people to get out of the way.

Kingslug20

Want to see accidents..mishaps..and just general insanity...go to Europe.

Vter

Euro ‘70’s @ St Moriz, unbeknownst to me my father was 3 t-bars back, when a “Nazi”pulled the bar away from me, I fell !
An American child and asshole knew it.
I cried and got my shit together as my father rode by and said, “good job, take another, I’ll deal with that fuck !”
And my father got to the top and pushed that fucker to the ground, pushed snow in his face and said “if I ever see you again hurting a child I will hurt you” !
Ps. My father was a an officer Lt. Navigator over Germany…the fucker was a POS non-server for Germany…Dad respected German soldiers not Natzi’s…served or not…Fuck Them !

Last edited:

MidnightJester

Woman Dies after 2 People Fall from Chairlift at Val Gardena/Gröden Ski Resort, Italy​