• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Long Trail Trip Report July/August 2005

pedxing

I've finally gotten around to proof reading my trail journals for my long trail trip. Instead of using up band width and cutting and pasting, I'm just posting a link. I still plan on writing some kind of post-script when I get a chance, but things are very busy.

http://www.trailjournals.com/pedxingLT/

MtnMagic

Hello Pedxing! I wondered where you were. Hope many readers click on your trail journals link and read your amazing adventure on the Long Trail. Working up to the AT perhaps?!

My best to you
and happy trails!
:D

blacknblue

Nice! and congratulations! :beer: I'm very jealous. I'm hoping to do the LT next fall maybe, so I will read your journal with interest.

pedxing

Thanks MM and BB.

Mtn: I've been really busy catching up on everything I pushed aside to get 3 weeks away.

You're right, I was definitely thinking of this as a possible prelude to an AT hike. I talked about this and burn survivors in the "about" section of the journal( http://www.trailjournals.com/about.cfm?trailname=3490
I'm not sure if I can get 6 months to take a stab at the AT - and not sure if I want to (I worry about ticks, lyme disease and getting tired of feeling like I'm traveling with a huge pack of people rushing in one direction).

MtnMagic

But not 2200 miles of glory or bust, poisonious snakes, aggressive blacks bears, or being cold, wet, and hungry?!
:eek:

pedxing

LOL. I'd gotten used to the threat of bears and the cold, wet and hungry stuff. The threat of poisonous snakes bugs me a little, but at least you know when you've been bit - and once you've survived the bite you're done with it.