• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking ahead to St. Patrick's day

If you thought this coming storm was a monster, than look at the EURO

:spread::spread::spread:

This date has been highlighted for over a week now and Models are going out of control. :snow: I'd love to know what those darn Europeans are smoking because they're trying to shove an F'ing Black Hole up the coast.

Tin

The GF just took Monday off. looking like another day at Smuggs or the Bush. I'm feeling a Berkshire East trip Tuesday or Wednesday if anyone is interested.

BenedictGomez

Canuck and GFS now onboard for a very minor (few inches) event for the Poconos.

However, if it keeps up with the trend of coming north as it has been, it could be a 4" to 6" or better thing for the Poconos. Time will tell.

4aprice

Canuck and GFS now onboard for a very minor (few inches) event for the Poconos.

However, if it keeps up with the trend of coming north as it has been, it could be a 4" to 6" or better thing for the Poconos. Time will tell.

JB says its coming north. I still think NNE has one more moderate to big event left. (not this one) We shall see.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Doesn't look great right now, but there has been a northward jog today. Areas screwed by the last storm could get a couple inches.

Rowsdower

GFS 00z/12z pushes the storm well south into Maryland and Virginia.

HrNAM puts the bullseye right over Central PA and North Jersey.

Finally, the 06z/18z GFS puts the bullseye over Central PA.

So 2 out of 3 and not sure which one is most accurate. Anyone have any other models for this? Three days out is a bit much, but this should start to reach consensus soon.

Wavewheeler

And here we go again: Another useless coastal storm.:thumbdown: I just got done rescheduling my work from Monday to tomorrow. Now it definitely WON'T snow at all but at least I can enjoy my St Patty's Day party.

BenedictGomez

So 2 out of 3 and not sure which one is most accurate. Anyone have any other models for this? Three days out is a bit much, but this should start to reach consensus soon.

The Euro and Canadian went south too. The northern trend is sadly over. Looks like a decent snowstorm for VA, MD, and maybe south Jersey. Gotta hope it pushed 100 miles north for the Poconos to get something good.

Wavewheeler

Well, that's because I moved work! I knew that would do it! It was never predicted to do much up north. :( :thumbdown: But can't complain with 2' already on the ground. I think there's a chance of something happening Wed-Thursday. The days I will be skiing u at K. Here's praying it's :snow:

wa-loaf

The Euro and Canadian went south too. The northern trend is sadly over. Looks like a decent snowstorm for VA, MD, and maybe south Jersey. Gotta hope it pushed 100 miles north for the Poconos to get something good.

I think you need more than one northern storm to have a trend ...

darent

i am back on the east coast so no snow,if i am in the west it snows here ,go figure

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2