• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for a patch to ski on June 1st

chuckstah

Those tracks were not mine. I arrived very late Sat and put it off until this morning. Camped out at Dolly Coppp last night and hit it early this morning. Very quiet on the mountain and the snow is going quick. Did a couple token runs and called it good. I didn't see another skier but was told there was one other. .next up timberline. Flight is booked for 8/28. Snow bridge lookers right looks like it is about to collapse!

Cannonball

Turns in September would get me all the way around the calendar since last October. It's not important to me enough to pay big $$$ to fly somewhere for snow. But I'm not opposed to making a 4-5 hr drive to ski a light dusting. Anyone thinking the same thing?

Savemeasammy

Are you thinking about bringing your rock skis up mt Washington?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Turns in September would get me all the way around the calendar since last October. (...) But I'm not opposed to making a 4-5 hr drive to ski a light dusting. Anyone thinking the same thing?

That sounds totally "Mad" !!! I love it. I got my September turns a few weeks ago, but that now counts as last season. ;)

Odds are extremely low for me as I have something Saturday evening. I could maybe consider Friday?

Last edited:

Cannonball

That sounds totally "Mad" !!! I love it. I got my September turns a few weeks ago, but that now counts as last season. ;)

Odds are extremely low for me as I was something Saturday evening. I could maybe consider Friday?

Where'd you get 'em? And what do you think the best options are this month?

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Where'd you get 'em? And what do you think the best options are this month?

I just looked at the forecast. My guess would be SR.

It looks like it is going to be cold Thursday night enough, but almost 0% of natural stuff. It also looks like SR have already blown for mices. It also looks cold enough at Kmart for that night, they might blow also. I know I saw something on FB this morning about snowmaking crew ready for tests at MSS.

After thinking it over. Kmart might be the best chance for Friday if SR has already blown. However putting your money on K is never a sure thing this early in the game.

Closing day at Timberline on Labour Day / September 1.