• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for Line Prophet 98 reviews/opinions/feedback...

The Sneak

Hello
I've been skiing on 2008-09 model year Line Prophet 90s in 172cm for several years now. I ski almost weekly @ the mighty WaWa and a few times per month up north. While I'm not the most confident off piste skier, I am getting better and strongly prefer to be in the woods or otherwise ungroomed/natural snow tails.

I am curious about the Prophet 98. How do they compare to my older Prophet 90s? At 5' 8" 155 lbs, should I stick with 172s in the event I decide to buy the 98s?

My only 'rockered' ski experience was renting some Dynastars out west this past winter. They sucked, just absolutely sucked, on anything resembling hardpack/LSGR. Decent in crud and soft bumps though. So, I'm a little leery of buying anything that promises ease of use. I don't want noodly skis!

My boots are Lange RX 100s, if that matters.

Thank You

Puck it

If you are looking at a 98mm waist ski. Why limit yourself to the Lines though? Hell and Backs are a great ski for everyday use and slackcountry use since they have no metal. I was a little worried about the lack of the metal in them since I was a dedicated Head Monster 88 fan before the took ou the metal layers in them. The H&B's are torsoinally stiff and very damp for a wood core. They hold well on everything. They were my everyday ski last year. They can swallow up bumps and are very forgiving in them if you get in the back seat. My 2 cents.

The Sneak

I realize a quiver of one is a significant compromise, but I was just sort of hoping someone here had compared the old prophet design to the 2011-12 and newer version.

Those hell and back's are intriguing and a smoking deal. I don't know anything about them. I guess the main reason I'm checking out 98mm skis, and the p98s in particular, is the implication that they will do everything my 90s do but better and snappier.

I rarely, rarely, get to experience true pow days the way you guys in the NEK or similar do. So float in deep stuff is less of a concern than just some sort of all around superiority to my current setup.

Puck it

I realize a quiver of one is a significant compromise, but I was just sort of hoping someone here had compared the old prophet design to the 2011-12 and newer version.

Those hell and back's are intriguing and a smoking deal. I don't know anything about them. I guess the main reason I'm checking out 98mm skis, and the p98s in particular, is the implication that they will do everything my 90s do but better and snappier.

I rarely, rarely, get to experience true pow days the way you guys in the NEK or similar do. So float in deep stuff is less of a concern than just some sort of all around superiority to my current setup.

The H&B's will a one ski quiver for you.