• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One Quiver or Not to One Quiver

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Fair enough. Bring it on! Yes, Dukes are great on the downhill.
I love mine ....3yrs and not one binding release, The only thing is my setup is too heavy 11.5lbs a pice ,Boots ,bindings ,skis, skins.
I'm looking for some lighter boots, currently down hill boots ,Dalbellos 5lbs apice. Bindings are staying , will move em to lighter skis in a year or so.

VTKilarney

I'm of the opinion that two skis is really all you need, with one of the pairs being for powder days. Sure, there is a benefit to having more skis, but factoring in price it is an exercise in diminishing returns. IMHO, most folks would get more enjoyment from that money if they used it to go on ski trips to the Rockies or perhaps Europe. A single pair of $750 skis pays for a ticket to Denver and a rental car.

Rambo

My ski quiver:
Bought them over the years on ebay mostly, used but low prices.
(2nd ski from the LEFT are old Volant powerkarves, I have 2 more pair
not in photo - so in total I have 8 pairs.)

skiquiver41514bb 029.jpg

Last edited:

dlague

I'm of the opinion that two skis is really all you need, with one of the pairs being for powder days. Sure, there is a benefit to having more skis, but factoring in price it is an exercise in diminishing returns. IMHO, most folks would get more enjoyment from that money if they used it to go on ski trips to the Rockies or perhaps Europe. A single pair of $750 skis pays for a ticket to Denver and a rental car.

Can't say I ever paid that much for a pair of skis - then again I generally buy online and the prior years model. Never have been the "need to have the latest and greatest type".

VTKilarney

And here I thought I was the only one who refused to spend that much on skis!

moresnow

At that length, how to they do in the woods? Are they softer at the tips? Also curious with the width, can they be problematic in bumps?

The Keepers have a good amount of early rise in the tip and some in the tail as well. That part of the ski is a bit softer than the cambered part under foot. The early rise keeps most of the length out of the way until you actually need it.

They aren't my first choice for a day in the bumps, but you can make them work. My skinny skis are 95 and they handle the bumps just fine. I'm sure they aren't most people's idea of a bump ski.

dlague

Um... you meant left correct? I hope I never have to ski by you and say "on your right". :)

Exactly how my wife broke her shoulder! Passing another skier - she said "On your right!" and what did the guy do? He turned to his right right across the front of her skis and she double ejected!