• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lost envelope at Stowe

kickstand

Absolute long shot here but I need to ask. I'm pretty sure I lost a cash envelope at the drop off area in front of Mansfield at Stowe yesterday. It had quite a bit of cash in it and the envelope may have had Salem Five bank logo on it. I was hoping someone turned it in at the mountain but no luck. Checking with the police but I have even lower hopes for that. I'm hoping I might have some luck here.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

No help, but I feel your pain, lost about $90 my last visit to Stowe, so much for the ski council discount, good luck.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

mbedle

Sorry for the loss, you might want to call and ask to speak to someone in the mansfield lodge, see if the bartenders there have it.

kickstand

Sorry for the loss, you might want to call and ask to speak to someone in the mansfield lodge, see if the bartenders there have it.

Already checked at guest services. If the bartenders have it, it's in the form of a kickass tip after rounds for the entire Den.

Cornhead

The price of a lift ticket doesn't count as a loss.

That's what pissed me off, I worked so hard to ski Stowe cheaply, and threw my savings away. I hope someone found and enjoyed the money and it wasn't lost to Mansfield. Sounds like there was more than $90 involved here.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Jonesz

Sorry for your loss. Twenty years ago I left a $500.00 camera on the roof of my car at Sugarbush, when I got home in NH I realized it was gone. I called them and an employee turned it in. They shipped it back to me and even paid the shipping. It really gave me faith in people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kickstand

In the biggest sigh of relief I've ever taken, I was the dumbass here. I thought I dropped it when I had to empty the glove compartment at the mountain. Turns out it never made it to Stowe, I left it in my truck in MA - unlocked - when I went to grab my iPod connector. It was a pleasant surprise when I got home.

And it was $1500. So, you can see why I was freaking out....

thetrailboss

Staff member
In the biggest sigh of relief I've ever taken, I was the dumbass here. I thought I dropped it when I had to empty the glove compartment at the mountain. Turns out it never made it to Stowe, I left it in my truck in MA - unlocked - when I went to grab my iPod connector. It was a pleasant surprise when I got home.

Wow! Someone was looking out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jaytrem

Glad to hear you found it! That's why I hate dealing with cash. Like please don't give me $500 cash at 5AM at the airport as we're leaving for a trip.

mriceyman

Wow .. Never thought this is how it would turn out.. Awesome man

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com

It's good that you were honest enough to return it to yourself :lol: . (Seriously, I'm glad you found it.)

VTKilarney

Congratulations! That was an unexpected ending. Good for you!

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone