• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen, Valentine's Day (2/14/08)

Warp Daddy

Very nice photos Brian . Great experience glad u got home ok those 4am long roundtrip days are TOUGH

Makes me wish i could actually ski bumps but sadly @ 64 those days are gone forever

bvibert

Staff member
I just read this TR in its entirety. Well done Bri. My only question is, what was in the feed bag for the ride home? ;-)

I told him he should have included that. :lol:

I knew you'd ask Chris. I was actually going to include it in the report for you, but I didn't want to be accused of being like GSS. ;) When I filled up on the way out of town I picked up some goodies to not only fill my extremely empty stomach, but also help keep me awake... A bottle of Gatorade, a bottle of water, a can of Red Bull, a small bag peperoni pizza Combos, a medium bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, and a four pack of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. I stopped once at a rest stop enroute to pee and picked up an additional can of Mountain Dew and a Hersey's Chocolate bar with almonds. Oh yeah and I had 4 chocolate cigars that my wife had gotten me for Valentine's day too... ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Indeed. I just read the edited report. Sounds great. Strange to me that you were more sleepy on the way up than the way home. I'm usually just the opposite as I'm amped to get to the mountain. You need to start drinking coffee. ;) You're getting good at these MRG day trips. That's a lot of driving to do in one day, especially solo, for that short a window of skiing, but your pics confirm it must have been worth it. Glad you skied Paradise-proper finally. :lol: Very well done. You win the extreme day trip award so far this season. :dunce:

Coffee smoffee. The Pepsi seemed to help, as did the slick conditions which made me be on alert every time I had to pull into the left lane to pass some slow poke. It was almost as if they didn't realize that I was going to be skiing Mad effin River Glen and that they should get the hell out of my effin way! :roll: :lol:

You could have editing in a "Continue Here" link using [post]... ;)

Yeah yeah, my way was easier, you all will just have to suffer with clicking on the links.. ;)

You're a good woman.

YES, she is! :D

Grassi21

I knew you'd ask Chris. I was actually going to include it in the report for you, but I didn't want to be accused of being like GSS. ;) When I filled up on the way out of town I picked up some goodies to not only fill my extremely empty stomach, but also help keep me awake... A bottle of Gatorade, a bottle of water, a can of Red Bull, a small bag peperoni pizza Combos, a medium bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, and a four pack of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. I stopped once at a rest stop enroute to pee and picked up an additional can of Mountain Dew and a Hersey's Chocolate bar with almonds. Oh yeah and I had 4 chocolate cigars that my wife had gotten me for Valentine's day too... ;)

Besides getting the award for most intense day-trip, you get my vote for most voracious eater.

bvibert

Staff member
Besides getting the award for most intense day-trip, you get my vote for most voracious eater.

Dude, don't forget I didn't stop for lunch. All I had during the day was a DD Bagel w/ CC and OJ in CT on the way up, a Pepsi in SoVT, and a Clif Shot (Strawberry I think) and PB granola bar on the lift.

Grassi21

Dude, don't forget I didn't stop for lunch. All I had during the day was a DD Bagel w/ CC and OJ in CT on the way up, a Pepsi in SoVT, and a Clif Shot (Strawberry I think) and PB granola bar on the lift.

Oh, it was a Strawberry Cliff Shot. Then of course you could put down the rest of that feed bag. ;-) I have had instances where I could rival your eating habits. They usually don't come after skiing but much later in the evening....

What time did you get back to Torrington?

Beetlenut

Glad you had a great day Brian, and thanks for taking the time to stop and take all those great photos. I can't wait to get up there!

bvibert

Staff member
Oh, it was a Strawberry Cliff Shot. Then of course you could put down the rest of that feed bag. ;-) I have had instances where I could rival your eating habits. They usually don't come after skiing but much later in the evening....

What time did you get back to Torrington?

I got home just before 7pm and that included a stop by the liquor store to buy my wife some wine.

bvibert

Staff member
Glad you had a great day Brian, and thanks for taking the time to stop and take all those great photos. I can't wait to get up there!

Thanks. Believe me, the picture taking was a convenient excuse to take a break. Of course there were plenty of leg saving and breath catching stops that didn't include picture taking as well...

Grassi21

I got home just before 7pm and that included a stop by the liquor store to buy my wife some wine.

Son of a b*&^%! I figured you would be getting home more in the 8:30/9:00 pm range. If I knew you where aiming to be back around that time I would have went. My loss. :-(

bvibert

Staff member
Son of a b*&^%! I figured you would be getting home more in the 8:30/9:00 pm range. If I knew you where aiming to be back around that time I would have went. My loss. :-(

Should have asked my man, I could have used the company too... I believe I said that I'd be skiing till 1 or 2. It's a long drive, but it doesn't take 7 hours to get home... ;)

Next time I do a MRG day trip you're welcome to join me (and there will be a next time). This makes two that worked out quite well.

Grassi21

Should have asked my man, I could have used the company too... I believe I said that I'd be skiing till 1 or 2. It's a long drive, but it doesn't take 7 hours to get home... ;)

Next time I do a MRG day trip you're welcome to join me (and there will be a next time). This makes two that worked out quite well.

Yeah, I think it was when K-Mart was an option and someone said we'd be home after 8 or something. As I said, my loss.