• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic - 1/20

Smellytele

Had a great day skiing with no crowds at all. Sometimes I thought we had the mountain to ourselves. My kids enjoyed racing each other down the 2 ways down from the top over and over again. The conditions on those 2 trails were good. Trick was a little scrapped off down the middle late in the day but you could still find ways to ski around that. One great thing is that the chair did not stop once all day. It snowed all day at different intensities. My oldest thought he was being cool and poached lower Magician until he hit a rock and f'd up the bottom of his ski that I now need to work on. He said hey they should have had it roped off. I had told him all day it wasn't open. Ended the day with a couple of switchbacks (wife indulged in a couple of generously pored glasses of Cabernet) at the BLT.

Wished I would have taken another leak before I left because there is absolutely no place between there and route 9 in NH to take a leak. :beer:

slatham

I did a quick fly by on Saturday but only had time for tubing, which was fast and fun! I was happily surprised by the general level of activity given the limited terrian. Good number skiing, tubing, and the BLT was fairly crowded and I heard was rocking later with the band. And of course everyone was having fun and enjoying the Magic vibe! Making snow on Wizzard to Tali today so hopefully that is an option this weekend and that changes the complexion of terrian variety a lot. If we could only get this storm up there - it's dumping on Long Island right now. Think snow!

Savemeasammy

Maybe we should just start a new thread about taking a piss?!

If I have to piss, I will pull over. If she doesn't want to go where I do, that's her choice! I figure as long as I offer, it is ok. For some reason she usually prefers to wait... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrmagic

Too bad I missed you on the hill and in the bar... I skied all 3 days and was impressed at how well the trails held up. There were a good number of day tickets in addition to pass holders. The bar was rocking for a long time too. Monday was the best day of the three and the snow started making a difference as the afternoon went on. I was having so much fun I didn't want it to end. I did at least 15 runs with a late start and stopping to make moose burgers for lunch along with a few pints.

RustyGroomer

Bummed I missed you, just saw this. I guess I suck @ finding people. Great description of the day. Keep in touch! One of these weekends we'll make some turns.