• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 12/26/14

reefer

Overcast, cool, slight breeze. Did warm up for maybe an hour in the pm.
Decided to head up to Magic to shake off the holiday woolies. Great day to be outside. Nolan Ryan skiing, hard and fast. Sharp edges REQUIRED or go sit down…………….death cookies were abundant also - that literally vibrated some stuff in my knees loose……
Still fun. Challenging. Makes you a better skier, right?
Only the East side was open, assuming there were some ugly water bars in places. Weren’t more than 20 or 30 people on the hill at one time. At times it seemed like only 8 or 10 the whole length of the Red Chair. I think the tubing park was busier. Only half the stools in the BLT were taken at noon. Very, very quiet. Got a lot of meditation in. The snow down on Vertigo softened up from both ends later in the day. Went flying ass over heels when that hard shit let go and I was in a foot of cement. Ouch.
The hill still has a solid base on 95% of the hill. The water bars are rearing their ugly heads, but overall that bulletproof stuff withstood the rain. Really could use some snow ……………………….so close.
Black chair was sitting eerily silent.

Still looks like winter up there.

Was a quiet, lonely ride up Red.

Up Trick.

Down Trick.

Up Black.

Hocus Pocus.

Up Your Sleeve.

Mystery

Savemeasammy

Hopefully Mother Nature locks up what is left, and then smiles on us again soon.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

WoodCore

Pretty much what I expected too see but none the less encouraged! The ample snow that remains after this weather spell will setup great and provide some of the best base snow we've had to start a season in a long time. A nice 12-15" dump and the whole place is ready to go off!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Pretty much what I expected too see but none the less encouraged! The ample snow that remains after this weather spell will setup great and provide some of the best base snow we've had to start a season in a long time. A nice 12-15" dump and the whole place is ready to go off!
Agreed. It looks better than I expected. I love Magic!!

jrmagic

That would be awesome. Thuthfully even 6-8 would open up virtually everything.