• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 3-16-13

o3jeff

Date(s) Skied: Saturday 3-16-2013
Resort or Ski Area: Magic
Conditions: PP, 2" of new on top
Trip Report:
Hit the lift around 10 and was really surprised with how good the conditions where. The non snow making trail were a little icy in spots but everything was very edgeable.

Highlight of the day was lapping Talisman with my 9 and 10 year old nephews. They have progressed so much in such a short time and I can barely keep up with them! Was also great to see the mountain turning the red lift til 5!

Afterwards we headed to The Upper Lodge Pass for dinner since that is where they stayed the night before and heard all day how good the burgers and maple buffalo wings were. Food was really good and the owner was very friendly and accommodating since they are redoing the dining room.

Have a few more vouchers to use and am planning to head up again Saturday.

xwhaler

Nice report----I had read they were renovating the Upper Pass Lodge---hopefully a sign that interest in Magic is picking up and folks are doing weekend ski and stays.
Would be a great spot for a mini AZ Summitt and the location would be desirable for most of New England/NY/NJ to get to. Magic and Upper Pass may be able to combine for a nice value package!

o3jeff

Talking with the owner he is working on a relationship with Magic and should have ski and stay packages for next year and maybe something for the summer with the Timberquest Park Magic has.

xwhaler

Hopefully they get a lot of snow out of tomorrow's storm that allows them to go deep into April....I'd love to get back up there for a spring day.

Euler

On the Magic Facebook page they have announced they'll stay closed tomorrow and open Weds for a midweek powder day!