• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Management

hobbes

Does anyone have insight into how things are going at Magic and the likelihood of what the operations will look like for this season? I would love to try the place out when in Southern Vermont ... whether or not Sullivan is the perfect guy to run it!

bvibert

Staff member
Does anyone have insight into how things are going at Magic and the likelihood of what the operations will look like for this season? I would love to try the place out when in Southern Vermont ... whether or not Sullivan is the perfect guy to run it!

They'll be open F-M, Holidays, and days following a 6" or more storm, see the following thread for more discussion on the matter:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/62798-magic-mountain-open-2009-2010-only-f-m-holidays.html

roark

Negative publicity in this thread aside, I'd say things appear to be going well at Magic.

Volunteers have done quite a bit of trail (and glade) maintenance, some snowmaking pipe has been replaced (see the pic of the day here), and I've heard of some work being done on the red chair (which had a pretty significant overhaul last year). Obviously there is still much to be done in the long term (snowmaking pond, etc). Reducing operations to Fri-Mon & powder days should help conserve capital, the question is if they can sell enough shares.

I *strongly* recommend you check it out. It has the rep of being a place you go to on a powder day (for good reason), but I think it's overstated a bit. The east side cruisers are really nice classic New England trails and worth a visit even when the west is closed (or just witch> talisman).

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
Two things jump out in that story. 1) There was no sort of comment from Sullivan's side. 2) It took the plaintiffs in each case 7 years to figure out something wasn't quite right? I wouldn't jump to conclusions based upon that article - something doesn't add up.

bvibert

Staff member
Two things jump out in that story. 1) There was no sort of comment from Sullivan's side. 2) It took the plaintiffs in each case 7 years to figure out something wasn't quite right? I wouldn't jump to conclusions based upon that article - something doesn't add up.

It's definitely one sided and it would be impossible to come to any sort of legitimate conclusion based on the information in the article. However, if I were a potential investor I'd want to hear Sullivan's side before I forked over any money to him.