• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Powder Day - 2/28

Euler

I just got the approval from my boss to take tomorrow off. I'm planning on heading to Magic for the day. Anyone else gonna be there?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Ugh its so hard this year! My wife is staying home but tutors kids at night.... tough for me to get the weekdays off

Bene288

Ugh its so hard this year! My wife is staying home but tutors kids at night.... tough for me to get the weekdays off

Bummer! At least you got one good powder day at Magic this year, better than most people can say.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
How much did they get?
I think the official was 10-14" which sounds about right. Hard to tell because it was starting to compact from the get go. Quite a few sheltered spots that were deeper, some less sheltered areas less so. Except on the steepest stuff, it had a bottomless surfy feel due to extremely high density which got progressively worse. First run down Goniff was the best run I've ever had in there, I'll say that much for it. Depending on how cold it gets tonight, they might do well to groom out anything they can for tomorrow...

Euler

Car issues got in my way :( Magic remains on my list of places I've never visited. I did have fun making turns out the back door on my BC rig, though.