• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mainers or Northern NH's help

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Looking to do a Tucks and or Wildcat, River, Saddelback trip in late March early April over a long 4 day weekend . Brining the wife ( non skier ) and 7ry old non skier (for now )

Need some sugestions on a place to stay that could keep them entertained while I dissapear for a long day trip.
Bob

xwhaler

North Conway sounds like best option. Saddleback would be a haul from there but do able if u are willing to drive

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

JDMRoma

Don't mind driving an hr or so, looking for specific place,hotel, resort something witin walking distance to keep them buisy

Resort…think about the Mount Washington Omni resort, across from Bretton woods. The resort has everything they would want…outdoor heated pool / spa for the wife and still close enough to hit north conway for shopping.
Bretton woods has the Canopy Tour / Ziplining, Indoor climbing wall and outdoor hiking and snowshoeing and Dogsledding.

You can drive to your ski area destination from there…..SR, Cannon or Wildcat

xwhaler

Haha north Conway is outlet heaven.....your wife will love it there!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

skiberg

Stay in bethel. Forget Conway. central location. 1/2 hour or so to wildcat and tucks. 10 mins to SR. 1 hour or so to saddleback.

Savemeasammy

I don't have a particular place to recommend, but I would also suggest North Conway. But, to be real, your wife will want to have a car. There isn't much in in town that is walkable from one location - but with a car, she would be able to stay SOMEWHAT busy. The white mountains don't have a heck of a lot going on in the winter if you don't ski! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wavewheeler

To keep your 7 year old busy why not put him in a ski school? I used to put my daughter in all day ski school while I skied. Now she's my skiing buddy. I started her at 7. Now she's 19. I bet your wife will like the idea of being kid free too. ;)

How stereotypical..The man needs to find something to keep his woman "busy", usually shopping, so that he can go off and do his thing without any hassles. I remember when I went to a big car show in Carlisle, PA they had all sorts of "Wife Activities" ranging from shopping at antique stores to going to Hershey Park so the husbands could freely attend the car show and swap meet guilt free.:lol:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
To keep your 7 year old busy why not put him in a ski school? I used to put my daughter in all day ski school while I skied. Now she's my skiing buddy. I started her at 7. Now she's 19. I bet your wife will like the idea of being kid free too. ;)

He's a pretty small kid. I have a 23 and a 20 year old. I took my oldest skiing when he was 5 . He decided he didn't want to be on the chairlift halfway up the mountain and started squirming around and almost fell off the chair. I aged 10yrs on that ride!
After we got on the slope he kept yelling "faster, faster". ....Go figure.
I will get him out later in the season at a local hill .
Conway sounds like a plan , I can rent a car for the day and she'll have transportation.
Have some Camelback Patroller buddies that may be up . I want to increse my odds of having a good day to ski tucks, and still have a plan B for bad weather.

Thanks for all the responses!

Wavewheeler

When I was up at Hunter this past week there were kids who were in the 7 year old range or less going down Racer's Edge. They were kickass! They were probably skiing at 3 years old.

I used to take my 7 year old daughter, put her in the all day ski school, do my own thing and pick her up at 5pm. When she asked me to ski with me afterwards I knew I had a ski buddy. :)

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
When I was up at Hunter this past week there were kids who were in the 7 year old range or less going down Racer's Edge. They were kickass! They were probably skiing at 3 years old.

I used to take my 7 year old daughter, put her in the all day ski school, do my own thing and pick her up at 5pm. When she asked me to ski with me afterwards I knew I had a ski buddy. :)

Maybe someone else teaching them is the key? The other two never got the bug,
went a few time with me but only one skis/board occasionally.

canobie#1

North Conway. Attitash Grand is awesome plus if you get a wildcat pass, you can ski the tash for the last few runs of the day and head on in at the grand.

skifree

Stay at Hampton inn in North Conway. They have indoor waterpark and North Conway has many outlets.
Plenty of skiing to be had close by. Avoid the temptation to ski cranmore.

Edd

FYI, North Conway to Sunday River is a solid hour drive, but North Conway to Saddleback is at least 2.5.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone