• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Major northeast storm this weekend.

BenedictGomez

Calling anything south of the Mason Dixon Line the Northeast is also a history fail.

Fun fact: There are still a bunch of existing Mason-Dixon stones.

md105.jpg

WoodCore

I thought it was Mr. Snuffleupagus.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Snuffleupagus.jpg
    Snuffleupagus.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 212

BenedictGomez

Speaking of major Northeast storm, based on the NAM run that's about to finish I imagine your CT and MA news are going to go ape****.

WoodCore

Yup!

attachment.php

Attachments

• nam_snow_depth_east_19.jpg
    nam_snow_depth_east_19.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 320

BenedictGomez

You'll know in < 1 hour whether that's just the NAM being ridiculous as per usual or if CT really is going to get buried.

Personally, I cant imagine that map is legit, but the undeniable northern bump is good for the Poconos, NYC, and all of NJ.

witch hobble

Former West Virginia resident here. WV defies any arbitrary geographical broad stroke.

Seceded from Virginia in order to stay a part of the Union during the war that has given us the North/South dichotomy of the last 150+ years. That makes them Northern.

People constantly want to lump them in with the "mid Atlantic" states although they are landlocked and have no Atlantic coastline.

Hard to call them eastern when the word west is right in their name.

Appalachia? Well, we got them thar mountains up here too. Even in New Jersey and Connecticut!

Thank you for letting me contribute to the general confusion and frustration in this very important thread.

mriceyman

I would almost classify snj as mid atlantic and c/n nj part of the northeast.. The difference in snowfall goes up a good amount starting in monmouth county.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

yeggous

I would almost classify snj as mid atlantic and c/n nj part of the northeast.. The difference in snowfall goes up a good amount starting in monmouth county.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I agree with this distinction. I guess the increase in snowfall is all relative. You see the same relative increase moving inland in New England.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

open snow saying 30" for snowshoe. it's on my max pass and is 8 hours away. but those roads are sketchy as hell and will be terrible this weekend. going to smuggs.

Tin

open snow saying 30" for snowshoe. it's on my max pass and is 8 hours away. but those roads are sketchy as hell and will be terrible this weekend. going to smuggs.

Oh come on. Who doesn't want to drive eight hours to West "By God" Virginia for some powder and see these people?

KustyTheKlown

i went to snowshoe once (i went to college in dc). it was a beautiful drive in the daylight coming in. it was a terrifying drive in the darkness heading out, getting lost, almost running out of gas, and having to stop and ask for directions. deliverance style shit.

Krikaya

WOW - Not sure how to take that!

Rule #1 Don't take anything I say seriously
Rule #2 Southerners can't drive when it snows
Rule #3 There is no rule #3
Rule #4 Yoga pants MUST have a weight limit
Rule #5 When I'm bored, I send a text to a random # saying, "I hid the body... now what?"
Rule #6 Life is short, smile while you still have teeth
Rule #7 If I could turn sarcasm and snark into a paying job I could be employed for infinity