• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Man Physically Attacks Chairmate at Park City

crank

California is a big state with lots of moving parts. lol.

I loved living there but missed the northeast after a while and moved back home.

1dog

old people like warm weather, don't care about school quality anymore and tend to lean R politically.

So whats not to like about Florida for them?. especially for the Boomer generations 'fuck you I got mine' mentality. the villages is perfect for those types of assholes. Plenty of hardworking immigrants to replace them up here.

Dear God Florida is awful.
Boomers. created the spoiled kids of Mils and Gen Z - its our fault. Villages! Like that one - highest per capita genital disease in entire country - someone is getting it at least. . . Just last night on. news - 170K have fled NY and 130K CA for Texas and FL - its not just low taxes - its freedom. I. couldn't live in either. Closest thing we have is NH. Getting worse by the day tho.

Heres the thing on those entitled kids we. brought up - they are gonna get all their parents net worth- which is a huge sum compared to the Greatest Gen net worth.

Whats also huge - is the $32T debt we leave for them and their offspring. As Dr. Jeff relates, its a crime.

Small Gov. is the answer- fear its too late. Treasury has printed 80% of all the money it has ever printed. . . in last 2.5 years. That won't end well regardless of where we choose to live. A snowstorm would put all this to rest - until the hammer comes down. . . . . . . hands in front.

urungus

Just last night on. news - 170K have fled NY and 130K CA for Texas and FL - its not just low taxes - its freedom.

1dog

Not for burning books, but do prefer the state not teach my kids about anything except reading writing, logic ( total fail there) and math. Science also seems to be lost. This affects far more people than the 1% of 1%: https://danieljmitchell.wordpress.c...k-on-lifestyle-quality-and-freedom-of-choice/
That more is my point. Let it snow please Lord - here in the NE, heavy wet to adhere then if You would kindly dry it out as it accumulates. We really would be thankful! Amen.

KustyTheKlown

public schools shouldnt teach us history, world history, civics, literature, art, and music? you are that afraid of your child being educated into being a liberal? the one things public grade/high school doesn't seem to teach at all anywhere that they should, is personal finances.

crank

I have a retired friend who is my bassist. He is from NYC and lives just outside the city in Yonkers. His wife does not drive so he thought the Villages would be a good place to live. They bought a place there and after a few months there they re-bought a place in their building on the Hudson in Yonkers and sold the FL place. More wanting to be around fellow liberals than the STD's. Plus their not golfers.

John9

I live in north west NJ. I call it the "not NJ part of NJ." Politicaly conservative, semi rural, under an hour away from skiing in PA, 2 hours to northern Catskills. Could not pay me to live in FL. CA, sure if you mean Mammoth Mountain.

NYDB

I have a few relatives who have moved to FL to escape NE 'high taxes' and big government.
Each and every one one them are collecting government pensions (sometimes 2!), are on Medicare and collecting social security.

Down with big government spending!

these conversations always remind me of this.

Last edited:

djd66

Hey did you see some guy attacked another guy on a lift at park city…
Yeah, that too :)

After watching the video a few times, I actually question what the guy in the middle actually did. I think there is more to the story - based on what the guy on the right said and how pissed he was. Regardless,... 50 feet in the air is not a good place to have a fight.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah, that too :)

After watching the video a few times, I actually question what the guy in the middle actually did. I think there is more to the story - based on what the guy on the right said and how pissed he was. Regardless,... 50 feet in the air is not a good place to have a fight.
One article said that the middle passenger is alleged to have elbowed the other guy in the head.

KustyTheKlown

the next time someone aggressively pulls the bar down the instant we sit on the chair and knocks me in the helmet, they're getting tossed off at max height