• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Massive ORDA Lift Upgrades Across 3 Resorts

KustyTheKlown

Pretty sure this is what they plan on having open tomorrow. Probably just going to go SB.

oh nice, yea that is new info. what they alluded to posting when i asked them on IG. bummer its such a low count. good poaching options i suppose. prob will keep it free and sugarbush. maybe jay sat.

ThatGuy

Yeah I’d be there if they were going to run Straight Brook for some ungroomed. Lapping Gondi all day isn’t for me.

JimG.

Staff member
Sucks they won't open Straight Brook or Rumor.

I'm going fishing tomorrow. Will probably go to Gore on Sat just to say I skied one last day. I've lost interest in skiing anymore this season.

KustyTheKlown

high peaks does access a lot, and you can prob poach hawkeye and chatimac, and you wont be stranded bc topridge is open. it all depends on poachability, which is a hard thing to gauge until you are there.

JimG.

Staff member
high peaks does access a lot, and you can prob poach hawkeye and chatimac, and you wont be stranded bc topridge is open. it all depends on poachability, which is a hard thing to gauge until you are there.
Agreed. Rumor an easy poach as well. Not pumped enough about going skiing to find out.

On another ORDA note Belleayre is reopening for tomorrow as well. Lift 7 only.

ThatGuy

Sucks they won't open Straight Brook or Rumor.

I'm going fishing tomorrow. Will probably go to Gore on Sat just to say I skied one last day. I've lost interest in skiing anymore this season.
Just did a little fishing today, the bite it still slow up here.

Edd

ya gore and whiteface are both $50 this weekend. totally reasonable. just waiting to see what is on offer before i decide. home > gore > warren > sugarbush > home is a pretty easy route. especially compared to last weeks home > jay > gorham > sugarloaf > gorham > loon > home.
You daytripped Loaf from Gotham, NH?

KustyTheKlown

You daytripped Loaf from Gotham, NH?

yea i put over 1000 miles on my car last weekend. had friday off and went for it. only time i have ever skied Maine vt and nh in the same weekend

knowing what i know now i should have saved my last indy day at jay for this weekend and done more than 1 day at sugarloaf!

abc

Agreed. Rumor an easy poach as well. Not pumped enough about going skiing to find out.

On another ORDA note Belleayre is reopening for tomorrow as well. Lift 7 only.
Good for Bell to open! Despite the limited terrain. Hope they get enough takers to encourage doing the same in the future.

But I'm in the same boat as you. I'm mentally done with skiing this season. My mind had totally switched over to white water kayaking. I've just spent a couple hours marking all the dates I plan to go white water.

I feel SOOO conflicted for not going for one last day in Belleayre. So close, (physically, only 1 1/2 hr) yet so far (mentally)...

Kingslug20

Im still ironing..but I think this weekend is it.. the racetrack opens next weekend.. time to shift gears..literaly20220421_173639.jpg

JimG.

Staff member
Good for Bell to open! Despite the limited terrain. Hope they get enough takers to encourage doing the same in the future.

But I'm in the same boat as you. I'm mentally done with skiing this season. My mind had totally switched over to white water kayaking. I've just spent a couple hours marking all the dates I plan to go white water.

I feel SOOO conflicted for not going for one last day in Belleayre. So close, (physically, only 1 1/2 hr) yet so far (mentally)...
lol
I rallied my attitude and decided to go to Belle tomorrow.

jaytrem

Where do you usually paddle? Ages ago I'd hit almost every Dryway release. Now I mostly paddle flatwater that's 20 feet from my back door. Lazy!