• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mind the addiction

kingslug

This will be a record for me. Drove up and back to Hunter Monday, 300 miles round trip, again this wednesday into Friday, another 300..doing it again tomorrow, another 300...might be an interesting new thread..how many times have you driven there and back to a resort in a week...conditions are so good I can't pass up the opportunity, the GF is going to a Bway show tomorrow, so what else is there to do...might have to start renting a house out there..well I can crash at the ex's cabin near Belleayre but it takes hours to get the heat up and the driveway is a death zone...hmmmmm

twinplanx

Hmmm... your "ex" will let you use her cabin? 300 miles x $4 a gallon = couldn't you do some driveway maintenance? And, depending on the length of said driveway the place could be up to temp. before your done shoveling. Just sayin' :)

kingslug

She lives on LI, has a cabin next to Belleayre that sits unused 90% of the time...the trick is to hit the planks that go across the drainage ditch just right..or you fall into the ditch with no way out.the driveway is the front lawn at a 20 degree pitch, plowing is a must, you can't shovel it..plus its a good 40 minutes from Hunter...rather stay right near the hill...the K club is best...

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Great addiction, I drove to Mountsnow with no sleep on last Sunday because conditions were good and back home lots of coffee on the drive home but so worth it.:)

kingslug

Depending on how shot I am Sunday..might just crash anywhere, I'm sure traffic will be a lot less very early Monday morning as opposed to Sunday night..the friggin bridges are the killer...

abc

Depending on how shot I am Sunday..might just crash anywhere, I'm sure traffic will be a lot less very early Monday morning as opposed to Sunday night..the friggin bridges are the killer...
I wouldn't think this Sunday will be all that bad. I think a lot of people are staying till Tuesday...

ScottySkis

1 good bridge never much traffic is on I 84 you can take Sprain parkway to becomes Taconic then get on 84 cheaper bridge only $1.25 I believe then get on thruway in Newburgh.

kingslug

Everything was fast till I hit the Whitestone where it was backed up for miles..I can avoid the Tapanzee by taking 84 but its 20 miles out of the way, which equals 1 gallon of gas so its a wash...Sunday night might be nuts with people travelling to New years eve destinations...if I stay till Monday I'll ski half a day then make it home before 6..to head back up to Wetchester for new years...

bdfreetuna

God, grant me the serenity to accept the rocks I cannot change,
The courage to ski the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference

C-Rex

My girlfriend lives around 85 miles from me. I'll drive up there after work and come home in time for work the next morning. That is the power a 23 year old redhead with great boobs and an insatiable sex drive has over a horny 31 year old guy who's lucky to have her.

I'll also drive up to Jay from my house in E.Windsor, CT and back in the same day. It's about 500 miles, round trip.

My girlfriend lives around 85 miles from me. I'll drive up there after work and come home in time for work the next morning. That is the power a 23 year old redhead with great boobs and an insatiable sex drive has over a horny 31 year old guy who's lucky to have her.

I'll also drive up to Jay from my house in E.Windsor, CT and back in the same day. It's about 500 miles, round trip.

pics or gtfo:-D

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

3 hours round trip to Elk today even with out much sleep very nice and quick drive.

C-Rex

She's moving in with me in a couple weeks, actually. She's a keeper. /threadjack

If conditions are good enough, the length of the drive is only limited by the acceptable ratio of driving time to snowboarding time. Mine is about 1 to 1. So I'll drive 6 hours round trip for 6 hours of riding.