• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Miscellaneous Discussions

drjeff

I paid $1.69 on the MASS PIKE outside of Springfield yesterday for gas!

Also, the MASS DOT is out to get us both North and Southbound on I-91 just South of Northampton with the bridge construction lane splits they put in both ways last week :mad:

WJenness

Sawn article yesterday some are now predicting UNDER a dollar :D

Probably the same guys that were predicting we'd be paying $6/gal now when they were doing their predicting last year...

It seems to me that their long term predictions are as useful as the crack-u-weather 15 day forecast is for the weather on that 15th day (unless of course they're forecasting for San Diego... without looking I'll guess 68 and partly cloudy).

-w

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I paid $1.69 on the MASS PIKE outside of Springfield yesterday for gas!

Also, the MASS DOT is out to get us both North and Southbound on I-91 just South of Northampton with the bridge construction lane splits they put in both ways last week :mad:

the pike is under price control (at least informally) now. There was a big ho-haw about the literal highway robbery prices a couple years ago. They agreed to be near par pricing with the region. The argument of the cost of being open 7x24 didn't hold water.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Probably the same guys that were predicting we'd be paying $6/gal now when they were doing their predicting last year...

It seems to me that their long term predictions are as useful as the crack-u-weather 15 day forecast is for the weather on that 15th day (unless of course they're forecasting for San Diego... without looking I'll guess 68 and partly cloudy).

-w

Once again, I want a job as an "expert". I can guess with the worst of em.

drjeff

the pike is under price control (at least informally) now. There was a big ho-haw about the literal highway robbery prices a couple years ago. They agreed to be near par pricing with the region. The argument of the cost of being open 7x24 didn't hold water.

No complaints from me about that! Much easier just to quickly get off at a rest area, fill the cars tank, empty my tank, grab a quick munchie from the convienence store and be on my way without having to deal with any traffic lights!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Once again, I want a job as an "expert". I can guess with the worst of em.
the only diff between you and they is that they get paid to guess :smile:
Look, I'll give you a nickle when I see you and you can give me the forecast. Now that you're paid, you're a "professional" too.

My daughter has been refereeing since since she was about 13 and paid to do it, thus she's a professional referee too!