• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MLB Playoffs Set

JimG.

Staff member
In the World Series, only the Mets (not being biased here) beat up on the Yankees during interleague play. The other teams couldn't handle the pressure... now isn't the playoffs all about pressure?

Here's a fact for you stats freaks:

The Yankees and Mets both ended the season with the same record, 97-65, the best record in MLB.

Both had the same home record and the same road record.

They played 6 games during the season, the records were 3-3, and both teams won 2 out of 3 at home.

I don't think anyone beat up on anyone in this year's rivalry. These two teams are exactly evenly matched.

FRITOLAYGUY

Here's a fact for you stats freaks:

The Yankees and Mets both ended the season with the same record, 97-65, the best record in MLB.

Both had the same home record and the same road record.

They played 6 games during the season, the records were 3-3, and both teams won 2 out of 3 at home.

I don't think anyone beat up on anyone in this year's rivalry. These two teams are exactly evenly matched.

I was just gonna mention that Jim, good call. As even as it gets.

Grassi21

If there is a subway series I see the coverage being dominated by this set of stats. I hate all the crappy side stories that are obsessed about leading up to the WS, Super Bowls etc....

JimG.

Staff member
Frank Thomas is the man!

He sure was yesterday for your team.

But the league MVP Derrick Jeter of the soon to be world champion Yankees had a pretty good game last night too...a record tying 5 for 5 with a homer.

And the Mets lost another pitcher.

roark

He sure was yesterday for your team.

But the league MVP Derrick Jeter of the soon to be world champion Yankees had a pretty good game last night too...a record tying 5 for 5 with a homer.

And the Mets lost another pitcher.

Jeter probably will win MVP, but that award hasn't been given yet.

Yanks certainly the favorites, but don't count your chickens just yet.

The Mets might be in serious trouble.

JimG.

Staff member
Jeter probably will win MVP, but that award hasn't been given yet.

Yanks certainly the favorites, but don't count your chickens just yet.

The Mets might be in serious trouble.

That was quick! Glad you're paying attention.

A's looked good yesterday until Milton Bradley lost sight of the last out in the Metrodome roof background. That happens alot at the Metrodome and baseball ought to make them paint that roof black. Bradley looked so lost it made me feel really bad for him. Glad it didn't cost them the game.

Jeter deserves the MVP; to me he is the MVP regardless of the vote.

Yeah, alot of games left to play, but I've gotta support my team and assume they're gonna win.

kickstand

But the league MVP Derrick Jeter.....

wow - he has a very similar name to another guy I know of on the Yankees. Is he related to Derek Jeter? Do they both play the same position? Have they both been with Mariah Carey? Oh, I'm so confused............

JimG.

Staff member
wow - he has a very similar name to another guy I know of on the Yankees. Is he related to Derek Jeter? Do they both play the same position? Have they both been with Mariah Carey? Oh, I'm so confused............

Oy! I type an extra "r" by accident and the spelling police are on my case!

I need a lawyer.

kickstand

Oy! I type an extra "r" by accident and the spelling police are on my case!

I need a lawyer.

more than just an extra "r".....I would think a Damn Yankee fan would know how to spell their captain's name..... :)

lawyers, guns and money - the $%^ has hit the fan......

roark

A's up 2-0 heading back to Oakland... of course they did that to JimG's team a few years back... in fact they're 0-9 this century trying to close out a postseason series so I will wait until it's over before I gloat.. much.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
more than just an extra "r".....I would think a Damn Yankee fan would know how to spell their captain's name..... :)

lawyers, guns and money - the $%^ has hit the fan......

I am duly chastised.

I hate the spelling police.

But you have redeemed yourself with the Zevon quote.

FRITOLAYGUY

Hmmmm that young 3rd baseman on the Mets sure looked a hell of alot more confident than his counterpart on the other side of town today.. Jeter and Wright own this town.

roark

Dodgers gave that game away to the Mets last night. WTH was the thrid base coach thinking? Weirdest play I've seen in a while.

Last edited:

ChileMass

Nelson_Muntz_rie2.jpg

Ha-ha!

Detroit 4, Yanks 3.........