• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MLB Playoffs Set

roark

sn155.gif

ChileMass

Roark - that looks like a pretty fair fight. Unfortunately, I think 2 tigers can take down the elephant, though.......

Mike P.

Go Tigers,

Why pitching beats hitting, what may prove interesting is how Zito & company do. IMO the Yankees & Red Sox both hit Zito well after one time through the line-up, they see the big curve & then wait, he has nothing else. Detroit has best young starting arms in the game outside of a couple in Minnisota & Kazmir. Holladay is good too in Toronto but that young.

What I'd like to see in the World Series is Game 7 Cardinals & Tigers, one run game Albert P. going against Zumaya

Root for the Yankees? The two teams I hate most in professional sports are the Yankees & the Cowboys, going way back to when I first started watching sports (lates 60's, early 70's I remember being allowed to stay up & watch the Pete Rose, Ray Fosse collision in the All-Star game, who plays that hard now in an exhibition game!)

If the Cowboys & Yankees had one of those Made for TV Battle of the Stars competitions (Fear Factor, etc., whatever) I'd be rooting for a earthquake, tornado, plague, volcano, pestillance, etc. to hit the playing field.

roark

The Tigers and A's are pretty even in pitching, I'd probably give the nod to the Tigers. What I find intriguing is the different approaches at the plate: the Tigers are more free-swinging while the first stat Beane looks at is OBP.

Frankly, I was hoping the A's would face the Tigers in the first round rather than the Twinkies since they matched up better... can't complain... ;)

ChileMass

A's have home field, correct? Still easier to win when you are the home team. Both teams are playing well now, so this series could be a classic.

Sorry, Roark - I am jumping on the Tigers' bandwagon. Never been a big A's fan, and if the Sox can't win it, a city like Detroit sure could use the good vibes.....

roark

and if the Sox can't win it, a city like Detroit sure could use the good vibes.....
Basketball fans have done just fine in Detroit! :evil:
I get it though, if the A's weren't in it I'd probably be pulling for the Tigers as well.

JimG.

Staff member
Better late than never...

Boy did the Yanks suck again! They should have kept the lineup they used the second half of the season. Forget about Sheffield and Matsui. What did either of them do to avert this disaster anyway?

Now I have to hear the "fire Torre" rumors. That would be following a disaster with a nuclear blast. A horrible move. Fire A-Rod instead.

So baseball ends for me in a crash.

Zand

That is the reason I've barely been watching the playoffs. I can't stand FOX. I usually don't watch unless they have the Red Sox on Saturday baseball. Really, I like the announcers we have in Boston now on NESN. Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy are very good announcers for the Red Sox (and usually goofy too) and Dale Arnold is an awesome hockey announcer... "Shot SCORE!!!!". He really puts some excitment into the game when he announces, although I could really do without some of Brick's completely irrelevant comments. I think Klusac was better along side Dale, but whatever.