• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MLB Playoffs Set

ChileMass

I am 100% a Yankee fan. But that was a great use of Nelson.

Grassi - Thank you - I was merely looking for an excuse to bust him out.

Beano - all congrats and huzzahs to the Yanks. It was KILLING me today to see Johnny D hit that 3R HR. We Sox fans will be drowning our sorrows all winter and probably well into 2007 if Theo And The Trio don't get their shit together.......

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
That goes without saying, Chile...it's all in good fun.

Unless you're A-Rod.

I only got updates on the score and had no idea he had 3 K's and left all those men on base when I said we could blame him.

Well, the NY papers' back page headlines this morning are absolutely brutal, for good reason. That guy is a bonafide choker and is the reason they lost that game. His nickname should be A-Hole.

I wish he had signed with the Red Sox 3 years ago...he's a stone around the Yanks' neck.

If he was the MVP last season there is no doubt Jeter is this season...A-Hole can't carry Derek's jock!

ChileMass

.....I wish he had signed with the Red Sox 3 years ago...he's a stone around the Yanks' neck.
Trust me - most of Red Sox Nation would have welcomed A-Rod, and still would today. If that trade had gone thru in late 2003, the Sox would have unloaded Manny and Nomar and replaced them with A-Rod and Magglio Ordonez. And A-Rod would have been playing short for us, which is where he wants to play and probably one of the reasons he's miserable in NY. THAT would have been sweet.....

How about an A-Rod for Manny swap, straight up - ?? I'd do it in a heartbeat.....

highpeaksdrifter

Trust me - most of Red Sox Nation would have welcomed A-Rod, and still would today. If that trade had gone thru in late 2003, the Sox would have unloaded Manny and Nomar and replaced them with A-Rod and Magglio Ordonez. And A-Rod would have been playing short for us, which is where he wants to play and probably one of the reasons he's miserable in NY. THAT would have been sweet.....

How about an A-Rod for Manny swap, straight up - ?? I'd do it in a heartbeat.....

Chile, you're from Saratoga right? Always a Sox fan or did you become one when you moved to MA.?

ChileMass

Chile, you're from Saratoga right? Always a Sox fan or did you become one when you moved to MA.?

HPD - born in Glens Falls, but moved to Maine when I was only 6 months old. Moved back to GF/Saratoga area going into 10th grade, so I was already a confirmed member of Red Sox Nation when I got back. I have 4 younger brothers who are all also Red Sox fans since we all grew up in Maine. My Dad is a HUGE Yankee fan and considers it one of the major failings of his life that we all turned out to be total Sox fanatics and Yankee haters. Almost moved to NYC area after college but had to be close to Fenway and moved to MA instead in 1987.

I do love NY, but no regrets on life in MA. Go Sox! Go Tigers!! :beer:

ChileMass

NY_Daily_News_10-7-06.jpg

BeanoNYC

What's an intelligent Sawks fan doing reading the Daily News? It's only a slight step above the NY Post on Beano's "Yellow Journalism" scale. ;)

Yeah, my boys really crapped the bed last night. I'm not even going to blame that one lousy call at 3rd, they got hammered. Oh well, it ain't over 'till it's over. Pardon the inexcusable pun but I hope we have the "Wright" stuff tonight.

BeanoNYC

Today is a GLORIOUS day! Don't you agree Beano?

Even though my beloved Yankees lost I still had a glorious day compared to Sox fans. While I was rooting FOR a team (with 26 championships under their belt, mind you) others had to settle for rooting AGAINST a team.

Now, like a true fan, I will root for the Tigers because I don't want my team losing to a bunch of losers. Much like many Yankee fans did in '04.

Last edited:

BeanoNYC

It's too late to edit, my reply has been emailed to those subscribed.

I'm sorry I blew my top and hit below the belt. I should have stayed far away from this thread tonight. Bad timing. I'm going to drink my sorrows away now.

FRITOLAYGUY

But Beano would u root for the Sox if they beat the Yanks ,thats the question? OK so where do we go from here Yankee fans?? I want to hear from you.. YOur team has had 2 of the worst playoff defeats in their long long history just in the last 2yrs.. Money doesnt biuy happiness obviously, u can have the best players in the world, but if they dont gel this is what you end up with at the end.. The yankees will never do a Florida and rebuild every few years, so what do do now? They wanted to win this one for George because hes on his wayout the door pretty soon, 76 now i believe.. I was very impressed with D, i believe that rainout is what won this series for them..

BeanoNYC

But Beano would u root for the Sox if they beat the Yanks ,thats the question?

I did in a melancholy sort of way, much like I will for the Tigers. The Yanks were out pitched, out hit and out coached in this series. I don't root against the Sox, unless they're playing a game that is crucial to to the Yanks. (i.e. September baseball and it's a race for the AL East) Like I said, who wants their team losing to a bunch of losers.

I would have been happy to see the Sox make the wildcard this year. It makes for great baseball.

roark

I never thought about that both Yanks and BoSox fans would root for the Tiggers, both for the same reason...:spin:

BeanoNYC

Sox fans root for the Tigers b/c they beat the Yankees.
Yankees fans root for the Tigers b/c they beat the Yankees.

Same reason.

Ahhh now I get it. It was too early when I read it.

...so you rooted for the Yanks in the ALDS because they beat the Sox in regular season, right?

Last edited: