• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mod's are lazy

deadheadskier

Staff member
Stop chastising people publicly. You did it to me a few years ago for ruining your viewing pleasure. I apologized for doing it in thread but you still went on and on and on. That is why I was PO'ed. You then chastise the mod for same thing the other day. You do it people all of the time to people for various reasons. Simply PM the person or be nice about it.

You make obsurd comments (e. g. the girl sliding)in threads and if someone did the same you would be a all over them. You pretend to be this holier then thou person, but you make comments like those. I bet you the girl did not find it hilarious or even the people in the konga line with no where to go.

These are just recent examples of pompousness. Simply put, you dish it out but can't take it when someone gives it back to you.

BTW, I was not mad at all, I just like getting the reaction of you. Because you would react and I knew it. That was the fun part.

Not liking someones personality and how they communicate is not grounds to be a perpetual troll.

If you haven't figured it out yet, not just the moderatoring staff, but many members of the community are tired of your bullcrap.

For the sake of your own dignity, I won't even bring up the childish little game you were caught in this morning.

DMC has shown nothing but class in this thread. I don't think the same can be said for you at all. He extends an olive branch out to you and instead of taking the high road, you try and shove it up his arse. Totally ridiculous.

Puck it

Wow.. thats all? I'm a hypocrite? I know that already...

And I rushed back from lunch...

I'm willing to stop referencing you and give some space.
I hope you are as well..

Is not just about me. Stop doing it to everyone else too.

dmc

Is not just about me. Stop doing it to everyone else too.

How about we start with us then I can deal with the others individually if they feel I've wronged them in some way. OK?

Puck it

Not liking someones personality and how they communicate is not grounds to be a perpetual troll.

If you haven't figured it out yet, not just the moderatoring staff, but many members of the community are tired of your bullcrap.

For the sake of your own dignity, I won't even bring up the childish little game you were caught in this morning.

DMC has shown nothing but class in this thread. I don't think the same can be said for you at all. He extends an olive branch out to you and instead of taking the high road, you try and shove it up his arse. Totally ridiculous.

I was not shoving the olive branch anywhere contrary to your opinion. I just putting out my side of the story and how I feel that treats people. I have said my peace and hopefully he will not be chastising people for the ruining his viewing pleasure. His complaining is riduculous.

BTW, you think I am that stupid not to realize you would know? Leave it at that.

dmc

Ok. You make one public chastising remark to me and I will bring it again.

Since we agree - this will be my last post to you or even referencing you.

Feel free to have the last word then we wrap this up - OK?

dmc

I agree. Simple solution, it doesn't prevent seeing quotes, but does help quite a bit. I've used it succesfully on other forums on which I've been a member.

Simply go:

User CP -->

On the left side, under "Settings and Options", go to "Edit Ignore List"

And type in the name, and voila! No more posts from ignored user as displayed. Everyone can go back to :daffy: and :beer:

I'll try this.. Maybe it will work... i wish there was a way to just eliminate the post so i can't see "This message is hidden because xxxxxx is on your ignore list."

Will xxxxxx still see my posts??.

Puck it

I'll try this.. Maybe it will work... i wish there was a way to just eliminate the post so i can't see "This message is hidden because xxxxxx is on your ignore list."

Will xxxxxx still see my posts.

I don't care really. I was having fun then it became a mission.

Blues-Brothers_1660615c.jpg

Let's see if it works. Testing 1,2,3

Puck it

i just tested - the answer is "yes" they will still see your posts so it's of no use to me.. :(

There was a weird thing when you did that. The full post with the xxxxxx did not show up until I hit quote. What was that?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Will xxxxxx still see my posts??.

Yes; if he doesn't ignore you. But since the forum experience for every individual is entirely their own, then it shouldn't matter.

So for example, let's say you are Person A and you have ignored Person B. Person C is also in the thread.

A: I really like to eat french fries
B: {quote A} F U, French fries suck!!
C: {quote B} No way I love french fries ROFL

As user (A), you won't see the direct quotes in "B". You will see the quote that "C" made, however.

I guess I can appreciate why someone doesn't do that (maybe it's the the enemy you know vs. the enemy you don't :lol:) because they want to know what is being said, but I think (personal opinion) a forum experience is about your own posts adn comments to others... no need to worry about what others say. Most people recogznize when someone trolls and not responding to trolling comments I have always though is a perfectly acceptable way to carryon. ("no feeding" rule).

I'm seeing if there is a way to block quotes too but so far no luck. Maybe in the newest 4.x version of vBulletin but I haven't found anything yet for 3.8.2.

dmc

OK.. thanks.. It would be great if it was like Facebook where the person just goes away..

Don't worry - I'm sticking to my guns on this and will not play into anything unless it super offensive to me.

Puck it

Most people recogznize when someone trolls and not responding to trolling comments I have always though is a perfectly acceptable way to carryon. ("no feeding" rule).

No reaction is the best action. You get it.

We could have our own personal category. Just a thought.